Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,196

1 members and 3,195 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
    Thanks

My camera sucks =[

I took my BP (Pete...Pete the Python, that's how I refer to him =]) out a little while ago, and was sitting on the couch watching tv while he was wrapped on my arm. and I was thinking of how good of a picture it would have been to post on here since I haven't shown you guys pete yet or facebook at least. So I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures and a video and everything, then figured he probably would want to go back to sleep or chill in his home so i took him back to his tank and upload the pics, and all of them came out so terrible, just fuzzy and blurry and I noticed that everytime I try to take a picture with this damn camera, it sucks. so now im sad that i didnt get to show you guys pete. and thats my story

Thanks

Re: My camera sucks =[

This is the best I could get

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imabur. View Post
    This is the best I could get

Whewww*Big Gunns wipes brow*** Big Gunns had no idea how he gonna be able to sleep until he saw pics of Pete. Big Gunns has got to say.....that was one riveting story you told us.

Thanks

What kind of camera is it? You can get a pretty decent digital camera for cheap now, like $150 or less. I got one (Fujifilm finepix) for around that, and it's not bad at all - not as good as a DSLR, but it does the job!

Btw, Pete is very cute...
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

Thanks

If it's a digital camera, try playing with the settings. I had a cheap 4.0 megapixel awhile back, and I could even get decent pictures on that. See if it has a macro setting, that will help.

Thanks

Most point and shoot cameras have a minimum focal distance of about 2.5-3 feet, so any closer than that, it will be out of focus.

Some cameras have a macro setting (usually represented by a little flower). This will allow a minimal focal length of a couple inches or sometimes closer. Like Icygirl said, play around with the settings. If you still have the manual, read it.

If your camera has a zoom lens, have a friend take the pic by standing more than 3 feet away, but zooming in.
    Don't bother with digital zoom on a digital camera. All that does is crop the image, which you can do post-processing if you really need to. Either way, the image will lose resolution and quality.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

You can take pictures like those.

With an affordable and easy to use camera like this one http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210658030

and a light tent like this one http://www.meritline.com/showproduct...t-photo-studio
    Deborah Stewart