Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,467

1 members and 3,466 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: help!

Thanks

Re: help!

I am not too worried about the poop but am very concerned about his belly. He probably has parasites and it looks like he may have had an internal bleed. I seriously think he should be seen by a herp vet if you have any near you. At the very least fecal float is needed.

Thanks

Well, the poop doesn't look too bad, but it is kinda hard to tell. If the gecko is eating crickets that are too big, that would be the reason for the partially digested cricket shells in his poop.

I don't have any experience with internal parasites or bleeding... A trip to the vet would answer those questions. You said you got this guy from a breeder? I hope you didn't pay anything for him, as it may cost you more to try and save him.
    1.3 ball pythons (albino, het albino, pastel, lesser)
    1.4 leopard geckos (reverse stripe tremper albino, tangerine, carrot tail, snake eyed, patternless)
    0.1.4 corns (snow, classic, amel, stripe, ghost stripe)
    0.0.1 pueblan milksnake

Thanks

the black lump in his stomach u mean? thats his cricket his appetite is better and the possibility of having parasites will be real low as the breeder's adult and its facility is clean.. but will consult the vet if things get worst meanwhile i just feed him and wait for it to grow? im kinda of happy that he seems abit healthier though not fat...

Thanks

btw.. partially digested food is alright? cos i cant get any smaller cricket at the moment so i will have to let it eat medium/larger cricket.. its alright?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samzz View Post
    btw.. partially digested food is alright? cos i cant get any smaller cricket at the moment so i will have to let it eat medium/larger cricket.. its alright?
    I don't feel that partially digested food is alright. Since you have raised his temperatures then it may improve. Keep an eye on him.

I keep my leos about 35/36 C on the hot side. They thermoregulate as needed.

He still could have parasites. Many reptiles do but when their immune systems are repressed it can become an issue. Watch him closely for now, but I still feel he should see a vet for an evaluation and fecal float. (A herp vet, not just a general vet.)

Thanks

okay will monitor it pump up the temp and see if can bring to vet aright =)

Thanks

Unhappy Re: help!

im sorry to say that he passed away this morning he left peacefully after he ate last night... he was well and was gaining back his health when he left me... </3 i will miss him..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samzz View Post
    im sorry to say that he passed away this morning he left peacefully after he ate last night... he was well and was gaining back his health when he left me... </3 i will miss him..
    I'm sorry to hear that, hon...sometimes things like this happen unexpectedly. You did good for him but the odds were against the poor thing. I hope this doesn't put you off of leopard geckos because they are great little critters. Next time, if you are able to, purchase a healthy one from a breeder or maybe find one that's a bit more well established. My condolences.

Thanks

I'm sorry that he didn't pull through but sometimes they just can't, no matter how hard we try.
    This is obviously not the update I wanted to see, but I sort of thought it was the update that I would see. He was in bad shape when you got him.
    Do try with another, healthy Leo, they are great pets...silly little things.

Thanks

nvm though... R.I.P my little buddy.. love him always... wont give up on this hobby though the ppl gonna replace me a subadult one

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234