Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,433

2 members and 3,431 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Great news for men everywhere.

They act like this is bad news. Big Gunns loves this news, it looks like women will be paying for everything in the future. Now men can finally enjoy the perks that women have been getting for years.

http://www.sphere.com/2009/11/06/wom...-in-the-u-s%2F

ps. Somehow BG thinks he may hit a nerve here at BP.net wit this one.

Thanks

Re: Great news for men everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    They act like this is bad news. Big Gunns loves this news, it looks like women will be paying for everything in the future. Now men can finally enjoy the perks that women have been getting for years.

does that mean that they get to go out and spend 6 month salary on a ring for us now? LOL
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

Why would anyone consider this a bad thing? Women get to pursue their dreams and are no longer being raised to believe that they have to define themselves by another person. Good to see, good to hear.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oxylepy View Post
    Why would anyone consider this a bad thing? Women get to pursue their dreams and are no longer being raised to believe that they have to define themselves by another person. Good to see, good to hear.
    I don't think it's bad at all! I believe a independent woman is WAY more attractive than one that leeches of her husband or one that can't do anything by herself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    I don't think it's bad at all! I believe a independent woman is WAY more attractive than one that leeches of her husband or one that can't do anything by herself.
    I agree, but only to a point. I agree completely that it's a good thing and everything. But personally if a woman is too independent it's a major turn off. There has to be a balance, at least personally, I think they (women) should be independent in the sense that we (men) don't have to do every little thing for them, so they can be self sufficient, but there is a line. I think that we should be able to help them or treat them to something special without having them flip out. I guess you could kind of boil it down to saying that we should feel needed and helpful/useful but not obligated and completely depended upon.

So while I am all for women's rights and progression and all that good stuff, I think there is a point (at least in home life/relationships) that women shouldn't cross. Or at the very least should pretend not to cross. Because otherwise there will be a crap load of depressed, emasculated men out there. And if that happens, nobody wins.
    -Chris

As much as I love creatures that slither and critters that crawl ; I'll always love you more Kayla.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I like being financially independent, but I also appreciate a man holding a door open for me, or treating me to a nice meal when we go out. I hope that chivalry isn't dead, but I also like knowing that I am quite capable of taking care of my own financial affairs.

No nerve hit here.

Thanks

This reminds me of all my advanced placement classes. 98% of the students in the classes were women.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post

BrandonsBalls thinks that, if it were possible to talk in the 4th person, Big Gunns would be the man to do it
    bpherp.com - Breeder of ball python morphs & genetic mutations

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaossoldier11 View Post
    Because otherwise there will be a crap load of depressed, emasculated men out there. And if that happens, nobody wins.
    I may email that quote to my feminist studies prof at my ex uni. Perhaps we could make men responsible for their own feelings and any resultant sense of inadequacy?

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I also appreciate a man holding a door open for me, or treating me to a nice meal when we go out. I hope that chivalry isn't dead, but I also like knowing that I am quite capable of taking care of my own financial affairs.
    I think that comes down to consideration. Having someone treat you to a meal with money they have worked hard for can show respect, it does not have to be about patronization.

I treat my friends on occasion and at other times they treat me. And BOTH of those gestures feels good.

Bruce

PS: I love these threads and seeing people use term like "leach" in reference to relationships. Scary, but very telling.
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks

I have not read the link, but the genral theme reminds me of a strange feeling I once got when a male friend of mine told me he just attained a course at university called "gender studies", Hey people, what is wrong with us, we get along quite well as humans for around a couple of thousand of years, we eat poop and reproduce, in snake terms we should be happy, I think we should stop judging people because of race, sexual preferance, religion and gender and focus on being human and get along. If there is something like "gender studies" it means to me, there is a difference that needs to be studied, but what the hell should be the outcome of this studying, girls like Barbie and boys He-man, maybe, but what will this result change, nada, we are like that because evolution turned us to be that way and all fancy talk will not change us. Let us enjoy being human in the way we feel to do it.. peace
    1.0 Ballpython Pete Townshend
    1.0 Boa BCI Bob Marley
    1.0 Cornsnake Elton John
    0.0.1. Rogers racersnake (Platyceps/Coluber rogersi) Mike Tyson
    0.3. Leopard Geckos (1 normal, 1 SHT het. Albino)
    0.0.1 Pacman Frog Albino, Tosh
    0.0.1 Tockay, Rudy
    1.1. Red Oscars (1 normal, 1 albino), 0.0.2 catfish (corys)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast