Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,619

0 members and 2,619 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Morph?

Thanks

Which Morph?

So I am going to pick out my snake friday! The Breeder I am getting my snake from has Pinstripes, and can get me a spider if I want one. These are my two favorite morphs. Which one better if I want to breed down the line? My frind has two female normal balls, but each are het for soemthign I cant remember what though.
    Thanks for the help!
    1.0 Panther Cham 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko 1.0 Schnider's Skink, 0.2 Leopard Gecko 0.1 Pinstripe BP 3.4 Rabbits 1.3 dogs 3.5 cats 0.0.3 fish

Thanks

Re: Which Morph?

Well to be honest it is a personal preference where you would want to take the breeding down the line. Both morphs have pretty big parts in alot of other morphs Bumblebees, spinners, lemon blasts etc. I own both morphs but it is which one YOU prefer over the other. As far as price goes spiders are a bit cheaper than pins in the market right now but like I said both have some powerful impact on combo's.

BPnet Senior Member iCandiBallPythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 829 Posts

Depends on what it is that your wanting to get as far as offspring and what is appealing to you. Both have pretty much unlimited combo potential like any other morph. It's all in personal tastes, Something that cat ultimately only be answered by you.
    Malcolm S.
    Premier Ball Python Mutations

Like Us on Face Book or Visit our website

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you can I say get both, one being male and the other being female so one day you can make this

Deborah Stewart

Thanks

That is a beauty! I would love to get both I have to take it slow though! My Boyfriend and my family aren't to keen on the reptiles I am just getting my collection started! I am thinking i will just have to go and pick out one or the other, cause I really love both morphs!
    1.0 Panther Cham 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko 1.0 Schnider's Skink, 0.2 Leopard Gecko 0.1 Pinstripe BP 3.4 Rabbits 1.3 dogs 3.5 cats 0.0.3 fish

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnygirl For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (11-03-2009)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnygirl View Post
    That is a beauty! I would love to get both I have to take it slow though! My Boyfriend and my family aren't to keen on the reptiles I am just getting my collection started! I am thinking i will just have to go and pick out one or the other, cause I really love both morphs!
    Well if you have to take it slow pick up a female since you plan on breeding down the road and it takes longer for female to be ready anyway and in a year pick a male to pair with your girl.

Hard to chose really they are both amazing morphs in their own rights but I guess I would favor Spider as my first choice.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Yeah Spider was my first pick, but he doesnt breed them,he knows someone who does and could get me one easybut, Im kinda thinking of getting a female Pin, then having him get me a male spider down the road. and He is giving me a WICKED deal on the pins so Im going to take it while it lasts!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnygirl For This Useful Post:

Toronto Python Gurus (11-03-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

BG isn't sure if anyone said this, but PLEASE buy the Pinstripe. This way we all avoid the 99% guaranteed thread that you will post next week. The "I just bought a Spider Ball and now it's wobbling it's head around" thread.

It's something you need to think about if you don't want a snake that acts like it's been hanging out with Cheech and Chong.

BPnet Veteran Toronto Python Gurus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gunns View Post
    BG isn't sure if anyone said this, but PLEASE buy the Pinstripe. This way we all avoid the 99% guaranteed thread that you will post next week. The "I just bought a Spider Ball and now it's wobbling it's head around" thread.

It's something you need to think about if you don't want a snake that acts like it's been hanging out with Cheech and Chong.
    The hemipenis still works if the snake wobbles
    Cheers!
    Mike,
    Toronto Python Gurus.webs.com
    BBM PIN: 21D7758C

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Python Gurus View Post
    The hemipenis still works if the snake wobbles
    They sure do, but how many more threads about wobbly Spiders do we all want to see? Big Gunns is just warning the newbie. We all know the breeder is not going to do so. Big Gunns isn't really blaming them for that....with Spiders is just part of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast