Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,336

1 members and 3,335 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

A sad start to the week

Mom and my dog of 15 years had to be put to sleep yesterday. Over the later half of the summer he lost a lot of weight developed a lot of knots under the skin, and over the last 3-4 weeks started to have more and more trouble keeping food (of any kind ) down. We decided that as soon as we could get the place to bury him( mom hated the ideal of them doing away with the body) and the funds out of the bank dang people bounce their checks to me) that his suffering would be ended. He was a Rott and Pit mix with his tail the most dangerous thing on him when he weighted in just under 100 lbs.

WIth heavy heart ( which is the odd part with me since I was) the most cold hearted sob you ever met. We took him to the vet and he sat in my lap (which was the odd thing with him) he passed on to another place.

He had the hard life in my book no hair ( the differnt vets claimed mange, a genetic disorder, and other things) a lost of his leg as a pup, and some other illness ( they would not treat until he had hair which they could not treat do to the other illness they claim) It was a mircale he lasted the 15 years he had.. He had lost from the vet guess ( seen him in june for shots) about 1/2 his body weight ( with most of it being lost while he was unable to keep the food down ( which made the knots under the skin seen ) the vet guessed that it was cancer and had prolly spread to his stomach and bowels.

We had spend many an hour on the phone talking to the vet and if he was still in the shape he was that that test would been done when he got back ( I was calling the vet on his vacation in florida, and then in texas for a family furnel, ( he was understanding and patient) The vet was due in Late monday and we had the first appointment for wensday ( but the vet made a special trip to the clinic and saw Stumpy and agreed he had lost too much too fast ), I doubt the poor boy would of made it though tuesday yet alone till wensday ( then the wait for the test results.)
    Last edited by mechnut450; 10-20-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

Re: A sad start to the week

Im sorry hear that, sounds like you gave him an extremely good life. He must have been grateful to have you as a owner.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

It's rare for a dog with so many problems to have such a caring owner. I'm sure he loved you very much.

Thanks

sorry
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Thanks

I'm so sorry for your loss, it must be very hard to lose a dog.

Not too long ago my dog (13 y/o) wasn't doing well and we thought we'd have to put him to sleep. He had a hard time getting up on our tile floor and he struggles to sit down (when dogs get old their tail bones go bad). We're giving him these chewable pills and they are helping with the sitting down and getting up part, and we didn't have to put him down.
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

it hardest on mom she so use to getting up and putting him out every time she got up she found herself a couple time looking for him( asking if I put him out already) We had a habit of letting him mellow outside on his runner for a couple hours and he be just go happy leying on the porch ( or under it in the shade) He let us know when he was ready to come in by straching at the door..

He was gettingin bad shape either way I caught him a couple times falling( sliding ) going up or down the wheelchair ramp( only had one rear leg). I also know he dreamed a lot I never seen a dog bark, growl and yelp in his sleep ( plus snore) as he did. I got to remove the runner and such to help ease the ideal he not hear ( i know she gets upset seeing it off the corner of the porch.

I found it such a disapointment I never kept any pics I took of him to remember him by .. SO if you havea pet take those pictures cause you will wish you had after they are gone.
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks

I'm sorry for the loss of your dog. I've been there more times than I would like and will be there again soon. I know how tough that it is.They're like a member of the family.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

My deepest sympathy.

I now how much that hurts, I lost my 11yr old Whippet to cancer about 1.5 years ago and I miss him so much.

Thanks

I can completely empathize with you... I know how hard it is.

My purebred Black Labrador was only 11 when he started losing weight drastically and had trouble with his bowel movements.

He died with his head in my lap... It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I was 15 (now 19) when he was put to sleep, and my mom STILL beats herself up, wondering if she made the right decision.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    0.1 '09 Normal Ball Python - Sheva
    1.0 Crested Gecko - Sol
    1.0 SHTCTB Leopard Gecko - Paradox
    1.0 Cockatiel - Mo (Mohawk)
    0.1 Peachfaced Lovebird - Bean
    0.2 Mischievous, long-haired cats - Moxxi and Azura
    And 1.0 incredible, loving husband.

Thanks

Much love being sent your way. I work at an Exotic Vet hospital and just wanted you to remember in your heart that you made the right decision for him. No suffering and passing peacefully on your lap. May his gentle spirit soar within and around you always.
    Mama to 4 rescues and my son,Chandler, born silently 12/18/96:

0:1 Dobie/Shep mix "Shanti
    0:1 Brittany Spaniel mix "Jasmine"
    1:0 Cornish Rex "Johnny"
    1:0 BP adult "Tanveer