Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,991

0 members and 2,991 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

Humidity control

Hi everyone and I first want to say thnks to everyone who reads and comments on my post.

Ok my problem is that I am haveing a problem controlling the humidity in my ball python tank. I really hate haveing to manually spray down the tank several times a day to keep my humidity up and I dont feel ok with haveing a towel draped over the tank when I have a heat lamp and other eletrical things near it. So I am hopeing that someone could help me to find a better way to keep the humidity up at the right level. I tryed getting an auto mister that goes off every so hours and it worked great but the thing was loud as hell and since my tank is in my room it was not practical.

So if anyone could help me out with a good brand of auto mister that I can set up in the tank that is safe, quiet, gets the job done and isnt to expensive I would be eternaly greatful.

P.S I hope that I do not sould like a lazzy bum I just would like to find a better way to keep the humidity up then my current method.

Thanks

Re: Humidity control

You don't need an auto-mister.

What you could do is:

Place the water bowl over the heat mat.
    Switch to a tub.
    Switch to cypress mulch.

Personally, I tried all 3 and that raised it too much. My bp is currently in a tub with the water bowl over the heat mat with perfect humidity.
    Dude, where did Bob go?

Thanks

Re: Humidity control

well.. tanks are tough with heat/humidity...

so what you want to do is trap the heat and moisture so what i would do is first ditch the heat lamp cause they suck all the humidity!! cut out a piece of cardboard, same size as the screen part of your lid and 1 or 2, 2 inch holes in the cardboard.. now completely tape down that piece of cardboard using aluminum/metal tape to your lid, dont leave any spaces for the heat/humidity to escape except for the vent holes you cut out! if you want you can even save the cut out holes and use them as vent hatches

at walmart you can find a cheap heat pad for sore muscles.. just throw that on top.. that should keep your ambient temp at 80 degrees and your humidity around 60..