Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,378

1 members and 3,377 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Looking for a fuzzy, sociable pet

You could try a Sugar Glider. I want to get one for myself some day, but I've been doing a lot of research on them. They're not too hard to take care of at all, they have a cage you put them in when you can't be around, and they LOVE human interaction and usually adopt one person to be theirs. Just a suggestion.

Thanks

Never a greater pet was there than a Ferret.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks

if youre looking towards a smaller animal, i have a lot of friends with rabbits that are almost like little puffy dogs, and less allergens than kitties. pick what you like best!
    0.1 normal - Constantine, 0.1 Spider - Lilu
    3.0 doggies -Charlie (rottweiler), Luke (golden retriever), Dallas (german shepherd)
    1.0 Betta fish - Norris
    1.0 Rat - Forrest (R.I.P Mook and Milo)
    1.0 frenchman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    Chinchillas are cute and so are ferrets, though a little smelly...
    Yea, I had ferrets and loved them. To the OP though, if your gf is allergic to cats, most likely ferrets will really bother her as well. I was in that situation.

I think you do want a dog though. None of the other animals kind of FORCE you to be happy. They are so extroverted that its kind of hard to not have their excitement rub off on you. I'm lookin for a companion as well, though I am set on a dog, because I know that's exactly what I want. I miss my puppy back home But as far as the living situation, it really shouldn't affect your choice, or ability to have a dog (unless you will never be home). If you have limited time, maybe an adopted dog is the right choice for you. Some food for thought.
    0.1 '05 Het. Hypo - Lelu
    1.0 '06 Hypo - Chester ; 0.1 '11 hypo holdback
    0.1 '07 Woma - Cleopatra aka Cleo
    1.0 '11 Pinstripe het hypo
    0.1 '06 German Shepard Runt - Mika (me-kuh)
    "it's not like cool-aide. its like..you know that powder that you put in water that makes it flavored" -you know who you are

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Ok i just want to aid in your thought process..

1. Guinea Pigs are cool i actually have one but they are kind of squirmy they get scared really easily but they are good pets if you spend a good quality time with them. YOU HAVE to clean there cages at least once a week cause they pee alot and they poo alot so you would have to clean cage at least once a week. They also eat quite a bit hense the name pig so they are piglets.

2. Chinchillas I would never recommend i had a chinchilla the worst idea on the planet. They are annoying and if they feel scared they wont shut up and they dont like to be held or cuddled and when they get hot they freak. I have also had one of these horrible pets.

3. Rabbits are cool but they can get stinky if you dont clean out their cages dont know much about them but my buddy had one and he said its not really a cuddle pet either but i do know some people they have trained their bunnies to be cuddlers and can actually walk them haha.

4. Cats are okay i have two but they can be kinda of grumpy when they want to be but at the same time great cuddlers when they want to be.

5. Dogs are the best but alot of responsibility

6. Ferrets I have heard are amazing pets just have to make sure you keep them clean and dont forget about their cage because i have heard they are amazing pets and can get them in some cool colors.

7. Sugar Gliders are cool but so touchy touchy you really have to do alot to earn their trust.

8. Birds prolly are cool pets but god are they annoying sometimes

This is all my opinion every one has different views hope this helps i didnt hit everything but let me know if you have anything else to talk about or have questions on

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Becca Granger View Post
    You could try a Sugar Glider. I want to get one for myself some day, but I've been doing a lot of research on them. They're not too hard to take care of at all, they have a cage you put them in when you can't be around, and they LOVE human interaction and usually adopt one person to be theirs. Just a suggestion.
    They don't just love human interaction, they NEED it. That could be a problem depending on the OP's schedule, ect.
    0.1 '05 Het. Hypo - Lelu
    1.0 '06 Hypo - Chester ; 0.1 '11 hypo holdback
    0.1 '07 Woma - Cleopatra aka Cleo
    1.0 '11 Pinstripe het hypo
    0.1 '06 German Shepard Runt - Mika (me-kuh)
    "it's not like cool-aide. its like..you know that powder that you put in water that makes it flavored" -you know who you are

Thanks

On average, what does a sugar glider cost?

Thanks

I actually have an excell spreadsheet made of all the pets I could think of...and their pros/cons!

Haha....I really want something furry as well right now, and dog is definitely my top choice. BUT I do live with housemates, and unfortunately their opinion matters a lot (at least they tolerate a few snakes).

I've heard Rats are great pets and I would have one if I could right now (sadly they are #1 on the household-banned-pets list). They are interactive, surprisingly smart and friendly, and aren't a 10-year commitment.

Keep in mind Rabbits are a ton of work. I had to clean my rabbits cage out twice a day at least, he was litter-trained like a cat and only slept in a cage (had a regular floor bottom, actually functioned more like a dog crate) at night....awesome pet, but not easy to own properly!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

You know after doing a ton of thinking, I really just want a dog. There just really is no substitute, is there?

I'm already in the process of finding another apartment where I'll be able to have one, and I think I already found one, only 3 blocks away from where I currently live. I'm on a month-to-month lease so I don't even have to break a lease to move.

Feel free to keep making suggestions, nothing is in stone yet obviously. Thanks for everything so far

Thanks

I must say, though, feeding ferrets is hard. Well unless you want them to get cancer.

I ended up getting really into doing research on them a year or so ago and i have a nice little food guide I wrote up for someone so if you do get one, ask me and I'll give you it
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast