Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,305

2 members and 3,303 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Looking for a fuzzy, sociable pet

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    You know after doing a ton of thinking, I really just want a dog. There just really is no substitute, is there?

I'm already in the process of finding another apartment where I'll be able to have one, and I think I already found one, only 3 blocks away from where I currently live. I'm on a month-to-month lease so I don't even have to break a lease to move.

Feel free to keep making suggestions, nothing is in stone yet obviously. Thanks for everything so far
    If it's legal in your state, you could purchase a skunk with its scent glands removed. I hear that skunks are a lot like cats, but it depends on their effect on allergies.
    Dude, where did Bob go?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm in an apartment, and I have a dog and two cats. A dog is totally do-able in an apartment, as long as you dedicate time each day for exercising. Make sure that you choose a breed that isn't a high energy working dog, unless you plan to give them a "job" (ie, a border collie isn't a good choice for an apartment - your apartment will be torn to pieces by a bored border collie).

I've heard that greyhounds are awesome apartment dogs, and there are usually greyhound adoptions in most areas.

Oh, and crate train, crate train, crate train....did I mention crate train?

You will have a much better relationship with your dog when you know you don't have to open the door and wonder what the dog has gotten into. Eventually, as they learn your rules, they can work their way up to "graduating" from the crate.

Diamond no longer needs to be crated, but she still loves her den.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

HypoPita (10-19-2009)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rabbit, clean, intelligent, tons of fun, cudly, cute, playful....

Did I mention cute?
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Ferrets are really cool pets to have, though I haven't owned one, they seem very intellegent and fun to keep.

Dogs are great pets to have, too. I have a few dogs, and they are really fun to play with and are so adorable. If you have the time for a dog, then I think this would be the best to get. It's fun to start out with a puppy and watch it grow to adult size, plus when they are puppies, they are the most playful at that time LOL. And I can't believe I didn't mention adorable, too!
    Tiff'z Morphz

Thanks

A rat for sure. I'm totally new to this site but I tripped over your thread and had to put my two cents in. Rats are clean, fairly quiet and take up very little space but are pretty much the dogs of the small animal world. I have raised rats for many years. You can litter box train em (though I still suggest them having a cage at least for when your not home and at night) I have also taught many of them tricks like fetch and to come when called. Best "fluffy" pet in my book. ^_^

Thanks

On of my rabbits is a 18lb flemish Giant, he thinks he is a dog. He goes on car rides and trips to my parents house all the time with me. He is a big love bug, and is super clean. Just my two cents!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123