Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,288

3 members and 2,285 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
    Thanks

strange belly color

I have a baby male het pied that also has a slight ringer. What he also has is a very inusual color to his underside. At first I thought it was the pink they get before a shed but he has not gone into a shed and has been this way since I got him. The color is also too orangish compared to the pink before a shed. I have his belly pictured next to the belly of a normal for comparison. The picture was taken agiant a white board with no flash and a macro lens to show the color as acuarate as possible. any thoughts?

1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Registered User Mike@OutbackReptiles-D's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: strange belly color

It's het PUMPKIN PIE D:

Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks

How long have you had him? Has he shed since you got him? Could be the previous owner gave him and iodine bath or had him on some type of substrate that might have "stained" him a little. It should come off with his next shed.
    ~Jessica~

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is odd. No idea, it's so drastic compared to the normal colored belly. One of my normal females has always had a yellowish tint to her belly, but not like that!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

That is kind of worrying to my mind.

Not that there is anything wrong with the snakes health or anything I hasten to add.

It's just that every time we have seen that it turned out to be a batch of CF's that had been given iodine baths etc to remove any possible external parasites.

That really isn't something I would expect in a het pied which I asume should be CBB not CF.

Where did you buy it and who from?

Did it come with any paperwork?

It may very well be someone reputable that did it and everything is fine - but either way it should be gone once he sheds.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

He is from a very reputable breeder who also happens to be he same person who is in charge of the red deer reptile show. He is cbb not ch/cf. I don not think that this breeder keeps his babies on anything that would dye them nor would he have mite problems requiring iodine soaks. I have contacted him with the pics so we will see what he says. I have has the baby a week so after the next shed ill know for sure. It would be intersting if it is just his color and in that case something to surely dink with.
    1.0 50% het clown 1.0 50% het lavender 2.6 normal bp 1.0 normal poss axanthic 1.0 het pied bp 1.0 yellow belly 1.0 mojave bp 2.0 spider bp 2.1 pastel bp1.1 Cinnamon bp
    7.0 corns - normal motley stripe het snow,anery a het hypo, snow, red candy cane, motley stripe orange candy cane, anery motley possible ghost , butter motley 0.6 corns -amel,high white amel,creamsicle,ghost, snow, orange candy cane 1.0 albino jungle corn, 1.0 mexican black king, 1.0 california king, 1.0 milk snake 0.1 kenyan sand boa 0.1 dummerils boa 1.1 bci normal, 0.1 pastel bci,0.1 kahl albino bci,1.0 salmon het kahl albino bci, 0.1 guatamalan boa 0.1 hogg island boa 1.0 JCP 0.1 woma python 3.0 leos-normal,blizzard,rw albino,rw b blizzard 0.7 leos-normal,hypo tangerine,mack snow,albino, rwb blizzard,raptor, rw albino 0.1 C. Turneri (thick toed gecko)1.1 crested gecko0.1rose hair T. 0.0.1 black emporer scorpion
    1.0 beardie

http://kryptonianreptiles.webs.com Kryptonian Reptiles now on Facebook

Thanks

I donno, maybe orange belly? though I'm not familiar with them you'd have to ask someone that knows a bit more. Though if its a good breeder they should recognize an orangebelly
    Ball pythons: 1.2 pastel, 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 mojave(green) 0.1 spider, 1.0 het pied, 1.0 het clown, 1.1 het albino, 0.1 pos het albino, 1.0 shatter, 0.2 normals, 0.1 reduced pattern, 0.3 dinkers
    Corn snakes: 1.0 blood, 0.1 het blood, 0.1 snow, 0.0.1 reverse okeetee
    Geckos: 2.1.2 crested gecko, 0.0.1 leopard gecko
    Boas: 1.0.1 sand boas
    Other: 1.1 mini australian shepherd, 2.0 cats

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nagini88 View Post
    I donno, maybe orange belly? though I'm not familiar with them you'd have to ask someone that knows a bit more. Though if its a good breeder they should recognize an orangebelly
    I will take a picture of my female yellowbelly (orangebelly) and show you what one looks like. Its not the entire belly, its more towards the vent.
    1.0: Honey Bee | Lesser | Banana Pastel Enchi | Clown 66% Het Albino
    0.1: Kingpin | x2 Mojave | Super Pastel HGW | Albino | Sterling Mojave Pinstripe | GHI Pewter | Pastel Het Clown | Sable 66% Het Clown