Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,294

3 members and 1,291 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Congressional Budget Office to "Score" HR2811

Ok. Like an idiot, I deleted my post before I posted it. In short, the idiots that die will ALWAYS get the limelight, not the responsible people. And also, everyone will keep trying to bury this hobby, from the massive amount of missinformation (plus the idiots). We need to figure out how to limit the idiots. I think requiring a permit is a wonderful way to do so. Just my

P.S. I think this should somehow be a rep free zone(don't think it's possible, sadly). Less , ya know?
    1.0 normal (Pickles the drummer)

Thanks

I'm curious, is there really an extremely large surplus of African Rocks and Burmese python morphs coming through that mean a lot to breeders? I don't hear about it very often and was wondering how much the importation would effect the business for large snake breeders.
    But also, we have to realize that the general public and the government considers these animals dangerous, and they will keep fighting to do something about it until SOME sort of bill or amendment goes through. We have to try to come to an agreement somewhere, and if that means losing importation on large species but allows us to still breed, keep, and sell the animals as we wish, then that may be a sacrifice we have to make for the peace.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iloveleucie63 View Post
    yeah, i think ur freaking out for no reason dude. because i know for a FACT that i left u positive rep the second time. i think this is all a misunderstanding.
    Then, to clear this up, maybe you should ask an admin to remove all of the reputation that you've recently given him?
    Then assign a single rep to a post that you originally meant and leave it from there.

I'm a little confused on why your thanking every response to this thread though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    Then, to clear this up, maybe you should ask an admin to remove all of the reputation that you've recently given him?
    Then assign a single rep to a post that you originally meant and leave it from there.

I'm a little confused on why your thanking every response to this thread though.
    i talked to an admin and told him my side and all he said was thanks for sharing your side of the story, and i never heard anything since then
    If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life.*

*actual time may vary

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iloveleucie63 View Post
    i talked to an admin and told him my side and all he said was thanks for sharing your side of the story, and i never heard anything since then
    I'm not a he - I'm a she.

If you do not feel that your issue was resolved, shoot me a PM and we can continue, otherwise, let's keep this thread ON TOPIC. It's already muddied up with finger pointing and immature "your momma" type messages.

Seriously - if we can't act like mature adults on an internet forum, how are we expected to be taken seriously when it comes to fighting to keep our animals?

Is it REALLY necessary to have the staff step in to mediate in order to ask people to play well with others?
    Last edited by rabernet; 10-16-2009 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks

good to see usark's involvement.

imports are not bad. guess where almost all of those new morphs come from...the wild. plus if done correctly, imports give people of native lands to the herps incentive to conserve them and their habitat.

i hate permits. it's just more involvement from the government, which in this country of 'freedom' we have enough of. of course i'd rather see permits than a ban. but permits really suck.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to redpython For This Useful Post:

MattU (10-16-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redpython View Post
    good to see usark's involvement.

imports are not bad. guess where almost all of those new morphs come from...the wild. plus if done correctly, imports give people of native lands to the herps incentive to conserve them and their habitat.

i hate permits. it's just more involvement from the government, which in this country of 'freedom' we have enough of. of course i'd rather see permits than a ban. but permits really suck.
    also what many ppl do not put thought into is just how many animals that were saved by captive breeding projects beyond what zoos and other "scientific" programs have done

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345