Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,234

1 members and 3,233 guests
myah,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Single Serving Friend jsmorphs2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: TOFFEE Ball PROVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    More than happy too..

Baby Candy Image thanks to Pete Khal (Pete Khal reptiles)

Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    Adult candy:
    If these are both Candies dosen't this show the color change right here, plain as day? I can imagine with out much of a stretch (thanks to these pics) that these "albino" looking babies could go through this color change.

I'm looking forward to updates on these guys. Congrats!
    ~Jessica~

Thanks

Looking at the pics from the original post, the eyes of these baby toffees are a darker red than an albinos. An albinos eyes are a light pink, whereas these are a ruby red. I hope my fellow BP.netters haven't scared you off of posting pictures as these stunners develop... Also why was the kingsnake thread deleted?

Thanks

Congrats on producing the first Toffee!!! If this was Brians post (or Ralph, Tracy, Kevin, ects for that matter) and he produced the first baby Toffee I wonder how many people would say "he made a mistake", "those are regular albinos", "thats not a toffee" , or "candys look-like this so toffees must look-like that"... Not everyone on this forum are trying to scam, even the ADMIN/MODS are hinting the OP is lying or there must be some mistake...relax people these are ball people, that happen to change color while aging.

Remember MOST morphs dont look the same as adults!!! And I do mean MOST!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adogunnaike View Post
    Congrats on producing the first Toffee!!! If this was Brians post (or Ralph, Tracy, Kevin, ects for that matter) and he produced the first baby Toffee I wonder how many people would say "he made a mistake", "those are regular albinos", "thats not a toffee" , or "candys look-like this so toffees must look-like that".
    In all do respect I do not believe Ralph, Tracey, Kevin or Barcyzk would post an animal that looks like an Albino and say:

"Look guys I proved out the Toffee!!!"

They'd probably see the eggs pip and go "...What the crap" and start checking their breeding records to make sure there wasn't a mistake, then they'd probably call a few people and after finding out no one else has had a successful clutch yet, they would likely wait and see and once/if the color begins to change to what you expect a toffee to look like then they MAY post their findings on the internet after being able to decisively say "This is a Toffee".
    Last edited by AaronP; 09-30-2009 at 08:28 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AaronP For This Useful Post:

Louis Kirkland (09-30-2009),PythonWallace (10-05-2009),reixox (10-05-2009),Toronto Python Gurus (10-01-2009),Turbo Serpent (09-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

...even the ADMIN/MODS are hinting the OP is lying or there must be some mistake...relax people these are ball people, that happen to change color while aging.

PLEASE show me where either myself, or any other admin or mod hinted or implied that the OP is lying. YES, I did say there MAY be a mistake somewhere along the lines...but that in no way implies anything negative about the OP. Those seriously look like ordinary albinos to me, from the pictures provided...and I simply offered up a reasonable explanation about WHY they might look that way, without any attempt at deception on the part of the OP or the original seller of the hets.

And I am fully aware that newly hatched ball pythons can change as they grow...some morphs this is more dramatic than in others. But no where in the ball python world that I've seen so far has there ever been a case of a change as significant as what the OP is suggesting. The closest that I'm aware of might be the banana ball...where the babies are crazy-colored and then grow into somewhat dull looking adults....but even in that case, you can see the relationship between the baby and the adult. And I've never seen a case where the eye color changes.

While I can understand the frustration of those who are tired of the somewhat pessimistic response to the original pictures, I take offense at our words being so twisted and misconstrued.
    -- Judy

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

rabernet (09-30-2009),Toronto Python Gurus (10-01-2009),waltah! (09-30-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Congrats on producing the first Toffee!!! If this was Brians post (or Ralph, Tracy, Kevin, ects for that matter) and he produced the first baby Toffee I wonder how many people would say "he made a mistake", "those are regular albinos", "thats not a toffee" , or "candys look-like this so toffees must look-like that"... Not everyone on this forum are trying to scam, even the ADMIN/MODS are hinting the OP is lying or there must be some mistake...relax people these are ball people, that happen to change color while aging.

I don't recall anyone saying the OP was trying to "scam" anyone. Everyone gave their opinions one way or another. It seems odd to me that even Urban has not produced a toffee, but the folks who bought the hets are producing them. Maybe they've just had bad luck. Could be. If these don't prove to in fact be Toffees it may be time for some to accept the fact that it was just a really cool looking normal het carrying the albino genes, kind of like a paradox.
    If these do prove to be Toffees then that's great! I would rather be wrong and see someone prove these out as the Toffee just may be my favorite looking snake.
    Either way the OP has some great looking snakes there.
    As far as the Candy being the same as Toffee, I don't think they look exactly the same, but are similar. Kinda like Cinnies and Black Pastels or Lessers and Butters. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by waltah!; 09-30-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    --Walt

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    In all do respect I do not believe Ralph, Tracey, Kevin or Barcyzk would post an animal that looks like an Albino and say:

"Look guys I proved out the Toffee!!!"

They'd probably see the eggs pip and go "...What the crap" and start checking their breeding records to make sure there wasn't a mistake, then they'd probably call a few people and after finding out no one else has had a successful clutch yet, they would likely wait and see and once/if the color begins to change to what you expect a toffee to look like then they MAY post their findings on the internet after being able to decisively say "This is a Toffee".

How many of us (SMALL TIME BREEDERS) could wait a few months, watch the color change...then post... "Here is the first Toffee... Look how the color changes over time"... realistically most (including myself) cant.

Nobody (you, me, or the next breeder) wants to hear that their 'prize project' must be wrong by people who have no idea what they're talking about... A few weeks ago I was reading a post from some saying that Justin's Lavender babies are regular albinos, because they have no purple. Its easy to mistake a baby high contrast albino and a Lavender... How do you (not you in particular) know that baby toffees don't look like regular albinos?... Nobody has ever seen one!!! The Original Toffee was already its adult coloration when Craig received it.

BPnet Senior Member WingedWolfPsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,134 Posts

If we assume that the brown/toffee color develops over time, it really does explain all of the differences. Perhaps some oxidizing effect?

For example, if the eyes are light red/pink now, and brown color develops over time, this color would darken the eyes along with the rest of the snake, producing the darker ruby red color seen in the older animal.

They do look just like albinos to me, too, but I'm listening to the folks who say there is a mutation in retics which may be similar, and the baby retics look like albinos when they hatch.
    --Donna Fernstrom
    16.29 BPs in collection, 16.11 BP hatchlings
    Eclipse Exotics
    http://www.eclipseexotics.com/
    Author Website
    http://donnafernstrom.com
    Follow my Twitters: WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

I haven't participated in this thread until now, but I do want to comment on this. Why is it, that when a person's name is in red or green, they are suddenly not allowed to participate in a thread without having their position thrown up in their face?

I haven't seen a single staff member imply that the OP was lying about the history of those animals' parentage as he believes it, and to insinuate that they have is just low, in my opinion.

I don't know if people do it to get "cool points" for singling out the staff or what compels them to do so when they disagree with a staff member's individual OPINION and participation in a thread.

Disclaimer - the above rant is my own personal opinion and may or may not be shared by the rest of the staff. I speak only for myself and how I see things from my chair in GA.

To the OP - congrats on beautiful hatchlings - please do keep us updated with progression pictures as they mature!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

dr del (10-01-2009),dsirkle (09-30-2009),Eventide (09-30-2009),Royal Morphz (10-01-2009),Spaniard (10-01-2009),Toronto Python Gurus (10-01-2009),waltah! (09-30-2009)

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you (not you in particular) know that baby toffees don't look like regular albinos?... Nobody has ever seen one!!! The Original Toffee was already its adult coloration when Craig received it.
    I 100% totally agree we don't know what a baby look like. So the question remains how can the OP know with 100% unchanging certainty that what he produced is in fact a Toffee. Remember
    Nobody has ever seen one!!

Lets see how it matures in say 2 months.. 6 months.. a year then lets see what it looks like if it completely changes color great I want a pair of visuals.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast