Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,358

1 members and 3,357 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: TOFFEE Ball PROVEN

I think we'll have to wait till the babies ate a few rats.

Blonde/Caramel Retics hatch out like normal albino's, but turn Caramel as they grow.
    -Nordin-

Thanks

idk about this....if he truly bought them from the source, then maybe they are. guess only time will tell.

Thanks

i guess only time will tell
    Heavily Addicted to Ball pythons... But.... Is all goood
    1.0 Albino ; 0.1 Bumble-Bee ; 1.1 Lesser Platinum ; 1.0 Clown ; 1.1 Butter ; 1.1 Caramel Albino ; 1.0 Pied ; 0.1 Pastel ; 1.1 Lemon Blast ; 1.0 Super Blast

http://www.facebook.com/designerpython
    http://www.youtube.com/repteevee

Registered User Envied Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet its legit. I also find it disappointing the way in which some of those who dont are all but accusing the original poster of trying to pull some sort of scam with his photos.

Food for thought:
    At one point we all thought the world was flat, then the world was the center of the universe, then cigarettes were good for your health, etc etc... In this case were talking about the first ever successfully breeding/hatchings of this morph and people are quick to cry foul. Hell, do we even know if there is a super spider yet? And they have been around for a decade...
    --- enviedreptiles.com ---

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Envied Reptiles For This Useful Post:

AlanDavidExotics (09-30-2009),irishanaconda (10-09-2009),mrs.twistedtails (10-05-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paul.angelides View Post
    If it colours up then great, if it doesn't then either way, its proven and as I have a guarantee stating "The long and short of it is we have no doubt that the Toffee Ball is a simple recessive mutation and we will stand behind that with a full money back guarantee" then I get my money back!!
    As I said before...I for one, will be thrilled to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Envied Reptiles View Post
    I bet its legit. I also find it disappointing the way in which some of those who dont are all but accusing the original poster of trying to pull some sort of scam with his photos.
    And again...I haven't seen anyone say anything bad. No one has accused or even implied that Paul is anything but honest with his belief in what he's hatched. And while some have suggested that maybe the OP was scammed, that's just because they don't know who Craig is. I seriously doubt that Craig would "mix up" hets...especially hets as important as these. And I'm SURE he would not intentionally misrepresent an animal.

But all we can go on is what we SEE...and what most of us SEE are absolutely normal albinos. Very pretty ones, with a nice reduced pattern trait. I've heard/seen a number of stories over the last couple of years of folks hatching out albinos and/or albino combos when they had NO CLUE that either parent was het for albino. So, what pops into my mind, is that somewhere in the ancestry of those hets, (and I'm guessing they're sibs or otherwise closely related) was an unknown het-albino animal that has passed on its genes.

What has NOT popped into my mind is that either Paul or Craig are in any way being dishonest about any of this.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nordinho View Post
    I think we'll have to wait till the babies ate a few rats.

Blonde/Caramel Retics hatch out like normal albino's, but turn Caramel as they grow.
    I know nothing of candys or toffees but nordinho does have a good point if you see a caramel albino retic hatchling you would swear it was nothing more then a normal albino but when they start to grow there colors change alot and they turn that amazing caramel color. I believe prehistoric pets has a video somewhere showing a baby and a yearling or adult in comparison.

To the original poster if they do change colors thats awesome and congrats. But if they are just normal albinos you at least have a guarantee,

Thanks

Check out this video from Prehistoric Pets. This makes sense..

YouTube - Color Changing Python
    -Nordin-

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordinho For This Useful Post:

americangypsy (10-01-2009),Denial (09-30-2009)

Thanks

I'm gonna side with the under dog in this whole thing(if he proves to be right, he will definately be the top dawg ). I know you all have seen the thread about a spider that all of a sudden lost all yellow and brown pigment after one shed....Right?? Why do you think it is impossible for this snake to change over a year or so? I have a pastel female who has changed tremendously over the last few sheds. Not to mention, the lavender albino will change a good deal over time also. You all don't have to hate him because you covet HIS goods. Wish him well! Remember, if it proves out, he will be picking and choosing who they go to. Most important of all he will set "the" price!!!!! Nice babies man! Hope it works out for you.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtails View Post
    I'm gonna side with the under dog in this whole thing(if he proves to be right, he will definately be the top dawg ). I know you all have seen the thread about a spider that all of a sudden lost all yellow and brown pigment after one shed....Right?? Why do you think it is impossible for this snake to change over a year or so? I have a pastel female who has changed tremendously over the last few sheds. Not to mention, the lavender albino will change a good deal over time also. You all don't have to hate him because you covet HIS goods. Wish him well! Remember, if it proves out, he will be picking and choosing who they go to. Most important of all he will set "the" price!!!!! Nice babies man! Hope it works out for you.
    I think you're missing everyone's point. No one is hating on him for "Proving" the "Toffee", we're saying that to us it looks like a regular albino, we'll all be glad to be proven wrong, but in the mean time some of us think it is a albino.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
    I think you're missing everyone's point. No one is hating on him for "Proving" the "Toffee", we're saying that to us it looks like a regular albino, we'll all be glad to be proven wrong, but in the mean time some of us think it is a albino.
    I thought the same thing to be honest when I first saw it also. The first thing that came to mind is that maybe the toffee was a fluke of nature and maybe it was an undeveloped albino or something. For people to say they hope he didn't pay toffee price for it and all is wrong. If I was in his place and payed a great deal of money for something that may not be what it seems, I would want the support of others on this forum. That has to be nerve racking for him to want to see a visual toffee from the get go, see an albino, and then have everyone tell him it sound like he got screwed.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast