OK I have a Spotted Salamander that I have had for about 2 years old. I am pretty sure its a female. She has been kept on moist tropical dirt (you know the bricks you get wet and it turns to dirt, I cant think of what its called right now) anyways, there are hides, fresh water and she is housed with a female Marbled Salamander.

About a week ago I noticed a red spot on the rear leg of the spotted and didnt think too much of it. Well a couple days later the leg was just about falling off and she wasnt using it. Two days ago, I went and checked on her and the leg is gone and there is an open wound. I used sterile water and cleaned it out with some q-tips. I didnt know what was safe to put on it so I left it be. I did however take her out of the terrarium and put her in a smaller cage on moist paper towels. The wound has gotten smaller but tonight I noticed another spot on her belly. It is not red but a dark color. I called my vet earlier this week about the leg and no one around here sees Salamanders. I am not sure what to do or how I can treat her. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A picture is attatched. You can see the missing leg wound as well as the new spot.