Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,323

3 members and 3,320 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cow dogs rock

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

Talking Re: Cow dogs rock

That is so awesome that someone else has cow dogs!!!! YES they totally ROCK!! I had my first ACD years ago. A blue named Bandit. Ever since then i was hooked.

Here are my 2 now. Both pure blood Australian cattle dogs. Radar, my blue heeler, came from the ACD rescue here in IL, and Kain, the red heeler, came from a rescue in IN.

Thanks

Re: Cow dogs rock

Oh and did you know if your dog is an ACD & Australian shepard mix its considered a Texas heeler? They actually breed them that way and sell them as texas heelers. It captures all the best of both breeds but tones down the dogs attitude and wild behaviour from the Dingo in their blood. I almost wish my 2 were a mix LOL! Especially the red. He's absolutely CRAZY & mean as hell! Radar on the other hand is just a big baby. Protective but nothing but a baby once he meets you.

So now you can tell everyone your have a texas heeler!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

snakesRkewl (10-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    That is a kewl looking cow dog mutt, lol.

Myla was so easy to teach fetch to it amazed me, she does it with a passion.

I've caught her more than once sleeping in her food bowl, lol.
    Lol she is a neat looking mutt! My mom is so funny, she loves that dog to death and she always worried people think she's the ugliest dog ever! She always asks "is Knockout hideous?" NO! She's cute!

You're pup is so cute!!! It is amazing how easy they are to train. Knockout is so happy to do tricks for us. You'll have a blast teaching that dog how to do things. They are SMART.

I used to drive a Geo Tracker when I was in high school and the horn would work when they car was off and the horn was really easy to push. If I left Knockout in the car and when in a store she would STAND on the horn till I came out and as soon as I turned around she was honking again! People in the store would say "what on earth is that person's problem!" Then I would sheepishly say "uh....that's my dog....."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

snakesRkewl (10-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draigess View Post
    Oh and did you know if your dog is an ACD & Australian shepard mix its considered a Texas heeler? They actually breed them that way and sell them as texas heelers. It captures all the best of both breeds but tones down the dogs attitude and wild behaviour from the Dingo in their blood. I almost wish my 2 were a mix LOL! Especially the red. He's absolutely CRAZY & mean as hell! Radar on the other hand is just a big baby. Protective but nothing but a baby once he meets you.

Lol yeah I'm planning to get a healer mix some day when I do get one. The blue healer mixes are awesome, they keep the best qualities of the blue healer! You're ACDs are the CUTEST!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlitherinSisters For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (10-13-2009),snakesRkewl (10-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draigess View Post
    Oh and did you know if your dog is an ACD & Australian shepard mix its considered a Texas heeler? They actually breed them that way and sell them as texas heelers. It captures all the best of both breeds but tones down the dogs attitude and wild behaviour from the Dingo in their blood.

Awesome, I did not know that.
    Well I'm glad something toned her down, hahah, she's go go go, then sleep sleep sleep, lol.
    She is such a typical heeler, very funny dog at times.
    She's a nipper big time, we are working on teaching her "no bite" and she is doing very well with it.
    Toys, toys and more toys are the key to keeping her busy.
    She has plenty of chew up toys, and so far no chewed up people things, no chewed up couch, etc.
    This dog has so much play in her it's crazy, but I love it, and knew what I was getting into, and have a nice yard and secluded area off street so she has tons of room to do her thing.
    A handy shovel is a necessity with cow dogs, man do they love to dig

I never get enough of the different kewl patterns the acd's have, including yours, I just love em.
    Last edited by snakesRkewl; 10-11-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Jerry Robertson

9. The Following User Says Thank You to snakesRkewl For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (10-13-2009)

Thanks

This is an old picture but it's my Blue Heeler girl, Chloe.

She was actually diagnosed with EIC over the summer, popped up after 5 years of dormancy, so she's usually relegated to the house unless I can be out with her.

Last edited by bobbittle; 10-11-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

at first I thought this was a thread about "cowdawgs", which are a custom fishing lure made from combining two commercially available musky lures: a "double cowgirl" and a "bulldawg"

then I realized this wasn't my fishing forum.

Cute dog pics!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

snakesRkewl (10-11-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

LOL, fishing is good,
    fishing the Northwest is awesome,
    but having your cow dog fishing partner with you = priceless
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

I've always wanted a dog for a fishing buddy to take with me.

Someday I'll have the time and space for one

Thanks

Thanks for all the complements! I love any dog that has ACD in it. Sometimes the cutest ones are the mixes. It is cool the differences they can all have in colors and pattern. My radar's tail is white with little black spots all over it. It doesnt even look like it belongs to him. And his ears are unusually large. Definately not breed standard but i think the ones that look a little different are the best looking ones! Your little black n white heeler mix is the cutest! I bet if you taped her ears (or just one) you could get them to stand up in a couple weeks if shes still young enough. You can usually train the ears of a heeler mix to stand up if you start taping them before they are 10 to 12 weeks old. Then you never know. One of her ears might just stand up on its own.

Energy and playfulness is an understatement with these guys! You will get tired of playing ball or frisbee long before your dog does LOL! But they sure are a blast to have around

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast