Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,094

0 members and 3,094 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,577
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
    Thanks

Feed size question

I have a male spider, he was 109 grams last time I weighed him. Right now he is eating adult mice. He's a bit of a timid guy and the mice moving a lot kind of scares him a bit (he eat's, he just sort of hides until it slows down) most likely because of being in the new place and stuff. My question is how close to the size of an adult mouse is a rat pup? I was thinking something that didn't move as much might be better for him, plus theres the bonus that it can't hurt him like an adult mouse, right? Ive googled and from what I can see there is a big variance and stuff, but I wanted the pros opinions. Should I just get a rat pup (they'll show them to me so I can see the size and compare, but didnt want to waste their time if theres a big variance)
    0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Spider Ball Python
    1.0 Bearded Dragon

Dont argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference

Thanks

Re: Feed size question

My snake is 137 grams and I feed him rat pups with no problem for about a month now! You can also get rat fuzzies if available to you. Ask for the smallest rat pup if thats all they got! Mine is a shy guy too so I stun the rat by shaking him in the container a couple of times then he just sits there in the tank and the snake grabs him. I do not like doing it this way but it works! He will refuse it if he thinks its too big!