Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,405

2 members and 3,403 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Thanks

My humble collection thus far...

I recently decided to downscale my geckos and get into ball pythons a little. (Even did some gecko-for-bp trades!) Thus far I have 1.0 Lesser, 1.1 Pastels, 1.1 Het Clowns and 1.1 Normals.

Anyway, I snapped some quick pics today and thought I'd share them. The only one absent is my little normal male.

Pastel Female: Produced by (our very own) Bruce Whitehead and acquired in a trade via a mutual friend of ours.

Pastel Male: Also produced by Bruce Whitehead and acquired in a trade. He came to me with some stuck shed (can still see some) but he seems to be doing alright now. I give him one good shed and he'll be looking a lot better!

Lesser Male: Produced by Outregius Reptiles and acquired in a trade. He should be ready to breed this season! Exciting stuff.

Normal Female: Unknown origins on this girl. I got her in a trade. I'm still trying to get some more info on who produced her and her age. She's almost 1900 grams though so if I can validate her age she just may have a date with the lesser male! Great personality on this one too.

Het Clown Male: Produced by Strictly Balls and acquired this past weekend while attending the Canadian Reptile Breeders Expo in Toronto.

Het Clown Female: Produced by Strictly balls and totally unrelated to the above male. Also acquired this past weekend.

I'm quite excited with all these ball pythons! I want to limit the amount of morphs I have to a select few and work on very particular projects. I'm not in a hurry though and am not doing it for money, so I don't mind taking my time. (Thus why I started out with het clowns instead of clowns, heh.)

I had the chance this weekend at the big expo in Toronto to chat with some of the BHB crew including both Brian and Kel. Awesome guys who just cemented the urge to go for the projects I want and not worry about what those around me are doing.

I hope to add both pinners and enchis to my group eventually as I would like to do some lesser/pinner crosses and mix the enchi in with both projects.
    --Stephan.

"I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a
    koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate,
    I will save it." --Steve Irwin (1962-2006, RIP).

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts

Re: My humble collection thus far...

Great animals! I really like that first Pastel.
    --Walt

Thanks

Congrats thats a nice way to start off a collection, some really nice animals.
    ~*Rich
    1.0 100% Het Albino
    1.3 Normal
    1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    1.0 Pastel 100% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel 66% Het Goldfinger
    0.1 Pastel PH Goldfinger

Thanks

Thanks. Considering a month or so ago I had one little normal male it's not a bad start at all, if I do say so myself.

That little pastel female is a screamer! The pic, of course, does her no justice. The snake who sired her has also kept his colouring quite well over the years and I hope the same goes for this little girl. If so she will be a key component in my breeding projects.
    --Stephan.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

They look great Stephan, I am glad that wee girl ended up with you! She has her mom's crazy patterning. And knowing where that boy is great too, I mostly lost track of all those males from last season, so it is serendipitious to have him end up with you as well.

The rest are fantastic, not sure I had ever seen mike's lesser and he is just KILLER. Really nice pickups you got.

And I agree, keep focused on what projects are your priority, those 3 winters will pass REALLY fast... clowns were one that did NOTHING for me for the longest time and then one day I looked at them and just fell head over heals in love.

(got my 1:1 pair this year as well).

Talk soon (so we can get you yet more snakes!).
    Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks

Well Bruce, I'm pleased to have these two in my collection! They're great little snakes. And that little female just screams with her amazing colour. I am very impressed. (Now just to get her eating regularly!)

This lesser is not only a beautiful snake but he is such a tame and easy going snake! I have had him out for a little bit now and he just kind of perched on my shoulder. I forgot he was even there until he decided to readjust his weight. If we can we should see if he's up for some baby making.

I've been in love with clowns since I saw my first killer clown. I had to know how to make it. And as I figured out the combo and saw pics of the different snakes that went into making one (pastels, super pastels, pastel clowns, clowns depending on your exact mixture) I was REALLY impressed and loved them all. So at the end of the day I don't think I can be too unhappy with anything that comes of this magic combo... I'm actually wanting to get more hets now so after those three winters I can really make magic happen.

The Montreal Expo is coming soon! Perfect chance to chat.
    --Stephan.

Thanks

Great start for a bp collection! lovin the pattern on that het clown male.

Thanks

awesome start!, some really nice royals you got there, especially that lesser platinum female...

regards ''jp''