Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,195

3 members and 3,192 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Scott L. (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,130
Threads: 248,574
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RelentlessPanda
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Something Weird Just Happened To Me

Ok Im at home listening to music and all the sudden my sister comes in my room with two cops behind her because apparently my neighbors called the cops on me because I own a snake, Anyway they see my snake and since shes a ball python they just said that I didnt need a permit for her and left. Seriously can my neighbors stop trying to get us in trouble. Has this ever happened to anyone here?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Something Weird Just Happened To Me

Quote Originally Posted by DarkComeSoon View Post
    Ok Im at home listening to music and all the sudden my sister comes in my room with two cops behind her because apparently my neighbors called the cops on me because I own a snake, Anyway they see my snake and since shes a ball python they just said that I didnt need a permit for her and left. Seriously can my neighbors stop trying to get us in trouble. Has this ever happened to anyone here?
    LOL. I know people that have had issues with their neighbors, not in real life, but on here, and I don't think it was taken like that. Well not normally, as far as your neighbor though, I wouldn't want to give you any bad advice, but if I was in that situation, it would be a living hell for them. It's not hard to make people really regret stuff like that lol. Don't get yourself in trouble though, i'm just rambling on because I hate idiots like that.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Neal For This Useful Post:

DarkComeSoon (09-19-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    LOL. I know people that have had issues with their neighbors, not in real life, but on here, and I don't think it was taken like that. Well not normally, as far as your neighbor though, I wouldn't want to give you any bad advice, but if I was in that situation, it would be a living hell for them. It's not hard to make people really regret stuff like that lol. Don't get yourself in trouble though, i'm just rambling on because I hate idiots like that.
    Yeah, dumping a thousand crickets through their mail slot is NOT something you want to think about. Not even for one tiny second. Nope. Just don't. Not a good idea.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

DarkComeSoon (09-19-2009),RhacHead (09-19-2009)

Thanks

Dude, that sucks. Do you happen to live in Florida? I'm in SW FL and people are getting really freaked out about the pythons here. No one seems to understand that its only the Burmese pythons that cause problems, mostly from people who impulse buy them from pets shops, then dont want them when they get bigger.

On a side note, I do support having to buy a permit for the larger snakes for the simple reason of preventing uneducated owners. I researched ball pythons for a month before buying one, knowing what I was getting into. I have nothing against someone owning a large snake, as long as the potential owners know how to take care of it and what needs it will require 1, 5, and 10 years down the road. If the states would approach us constructively rather than attacking us with restrictions, Im sure they would get much more cooperation from the retile owning community.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to aweve124 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I used to keep Burmese pythons I had someone call Child Protetctive Services on me. They said as long as I had locks on the cages they could not tell me I could not have pets.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twistedtails For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    You no whats the funny part is that they are moving either today or tomorrow. So really no reason to call them because it doesnt matter to her she isnt living here anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Yeah, dumping a thousand crickets through their mail slot is NOT something you want to think about. Not even for one tiny second. Nope. Just don't. Not a good idea.
    Oh, I agree! Really bad idea.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jglass38 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aweve124 View Post
    Dude, that sucks. Do you happen to live in Florida? I'm in SW FL and people are getting really freaked out about the pythons here. No one seems to understand that its only the Burmese pythons that cause problems, mostly from people who impulse buy them from pets shops, then dont want them when they get bigger.

On a side note, I do support having to buy a permit for the larger snakes for the simple reason of preventing uneducated owners. I researched ball pythons for a month before buying one, knowing what I was getting into. I have nothing against someone owning a large snake, as long as the potential owners know how to take care of it and what needs it will require 1, 5, and 10 years down the road. If the states would approach us constructively rather than attacking us with restrictions, Im sure they would get much more cooperation from the retile owning community.
    No NJ.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Knowing her I'll she'll probably call the cops lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkComeSoon View Post
    You no whats the funny part is that they are moving either today or tomorrow. So really no reason to call them because it doesnt matter to her she isnt living here anymore.
    Now because she is moving.....The cricket idea at the new house wouldn't be a bad idea. I can see it already......Darn those new neighbors, I should have stayed next to the one with a snake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast