Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,248

2 members and 3,246 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Culling Healthy Animals

Quote Originally Posted by tiexecutioner View Post
    my opinion (without reading the whole thread it to long ) That killing perfectly healthy snakes because their not that valuable or ugly is WRONG if you don't want to sell them give them away and trust me people would love to have a normal as a nice pet. How would you fell if your mom killed you because you were ugly? Im not tying to insult at all but just think about this.
    Posts like this are what really bother me.... We are NOT talking about people... We are talking about ANIMALS... Please do NOT get the two confused, they are NOT the same thing...
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkS For This Useful Post:

abuja (09-28-2009),Eventide (09-28-2009),h00blah (09-28-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tiexecutioner View Post
    my opinion (without reading the whole thread it to long ) That killing perfectly healthy snakes because their not that valuable or ugly is WRONG if you don't want to sell them give them away and trust me people would love to have a normal as a nice pet. How would you fell if your mom killed you because you were ugly? Im not tying to insult at all but just think about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Posts like this are what really bother me.... We are NOT talking about people... We are talking about ANIMALS... Please do NOT get the two confused, they are NOT the same thing...
    No matter how you "fell" about it.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

Why does everyone get so mad when someone on here posts that their snake died because of a mistake then?
    www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
    myspace.com/aztekvamp

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _Venom_ View Post
    Why does everyone get so mad when someone on here posts that their snake died because of a mistake then?
    Perhaps it's just me, but what does this question have to do with this thread?

Start a new one if you really want to know.

And, once again, you've ass umed in error.

Not everyone gets mad about those things.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts

This is just a reduculas thread... My "opinion" on this matter is this.. I would only cull if the snake was deformed in mouth, face or body, noticably kinked or any other obvious abnormalities or health issues.. Only the ones that would hurt the market, endanger future breeding projects or otherwise cause the snake to have a short and unhealthy life...

If its just a normal that looks "ugly" in your opinion, i would just sell them off wholesale or at low "normal" prices..

I see no reason to kill just because its ugly. A few very cheap meals of pinky mice or rats, a few sheds, and you can sell it without losing any profit at all. A hobby is something you love to do. That means every aspect of it.

What do you consider "ugly"? Thats the real question. Is it simply brown & black with no special markings? How can any normal be "ugly" when its just a normal? Even with other types of snakes. What is ugly if there is nothing physically or cosmetically wrong with it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Foschi Exotic Serpents For This Useful Post:

mooingtricycle (10-13-2009)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829