Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,214

2 members and 3,212 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Thread: Enclosure Plans

Thanks

Enclosure Plans

So, I got bored this past week and decided to design a new enclosure for my BP Aldous (Wednesday will soon move into his old one once I get this built)
    I made it in Google SketchUp and here is the link to the .skp file
    http://www.filesavr.com/aldousenclosure2

So just to explain some of the things:
    the tank in the bottom is to feed in, Aldous is used to eating in a separate tank so I'm not going to mess with that. There will be doors in front of the bottom section and the feeding tank will be on rails (like a drawer)

The vents on the top are to make sure heat doesn't build up from the lamps (haven't decided if I will use them for partial heat along with the UTH or just for lighting and if they will be LED or not - depending on how I use them)...

There will be a humidifier behind the feeding tank with the tube coming up the back into the tank (open to ideas on how to do this)

and the hole in the middle in between the screens is for an LED cluster

This is also going to be my learning experience with programming an arduino (with the help of a friend who is far more experienced with microcontrollers) to control the temp and humidity so if I can ever get it working I will post the code *obviously*

This will hopefully be done by the end of the semester (I'm also in college so time and money are scarce, this project will be slow moving)

Post your suggestions please and be gentle I'm no carpenter and I'm sure there are plenty of flaws I just want to know what they are before I take saw to wood and fingers to keyboard
    0.1 Normal BP - Aldous
    1.0 Bumblebee BP - Huxley

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lps2 For This Useful Post:

rthamilton (09-09-2009)