Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,382

1 members and 3,381 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: BAD GUY-Matt Oakley

Trevor was polite and professional about the whole ordeal, kept records etc. He has proof backing him. Matt has yet to provide any proof to back his accusations and obviously doesn't care about his future business. I hope he learns his lesson and that others learn from it as well.
    Zack

Asking dumb questions is easier than fixing dumb mistakes.

Thanks

I placed an order of 5 snakes from www.royalvariations.com/ ! this would be the right way for you to ship next time !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m00kfu View Post
    From the info in the JPEG file itself:

Image Type: jpeg (The JPEG image format)
    Width: 800 pixels
    Height: 600 pixels
    Camera Brand: Panasonic
    Camera Model: DMC-TZ5
    Date Taken: 2009:06:29 21:10:32
    Exposure Time: 1/30 sec.
    ISO Speed Rating: 100
    Flash Fired: Flash fired, auto mode.
    Metering Mode: Pattern
    Exposure Program: Normal program
    Focal Length: 4.7 mm
    Software: Ver.1.0

Says the date it was taken was 6/29/2009.
    I can program my camera to say whatever date I want also. Anytime I take my batteries out to recharge them it asks me to set the date and time. UPS says the package arrived at 9:24am on 6/30. Your info that you provided says that the pic was taken at 9:10am on 6/29, which isn't possible... Also, I shipped the snake to Trevor's girlfriends job, that doesn't look like Taylor Kelly Construction Company in the background of the pic to me, it looks like someone's house. Like I said before, the pic was not taken right after the box was opened. Not to mention I shipped the snake on 6/29 and it arrived on 6/30, how did he take that pic on 6/29 (the day I shipped it) if it didn't arrive until 6/30. The tracking number is: 1Z 14W 562 01 9931 4803 check it yourself. The snake was not shipped as the pic depicts it and there's the proof that everything said isn't true...

Thanks

guys don't just jump on the bandwagon here the man has said 3 or 4 times that he knows he should have used a better box, but he also stated that he had much more paper in the box to keep the snake snug and safe, and also was in a bag.... he hasn't been ignoring your questions..... if this is his job or how he makes a living he may have made a mistake but you don't need to poop all over him about that, he admitted and hopefully learned from it....
    Obviously the snake was okay for atleast a month and a bit b/c of the thread the buyer made, if the snake has gone down south since then, possibly from the flight or b/c of the conditions it's in now.... but it's very true and we all know that if the snake isn't doing well or feeling TOTALLY comfortable it won't eat, so it couldn't have been that bad
    the buyer has yet to show us a recent pic to show the animal he just keeps burying this guy about the shipping, we know that it could have been done MUCH better thats not what this is about, it's about the snake being sick now and dying and how it happened, it sucks for both these guys and i'm sure both would be much happier with a healthy snake and a good deal.... but no need to go after this guys throat unless he's deliberately hurting the animals all the time with no care, if he learns his lesson about shipping let it go we have all messed up before, all our poop stinks
    Last edited by waltah!; 09-07-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Edited for language

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2kdime View Post
    She came in with an RI and easily 200 to 300 Mites,
    Quote Originally Posted by burnziesballs8 View Post
    if the snake has gone down south since then, possibly from the flight or b/c of the conditions it's in now....
    Snakes don't get that many mites overnight on a plane trip.

Just sayin.
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerhart For This Useful Post:

2kdime (09-07-2009)

Thanks

Also, I haven't avoided any questions. There are many post to read and I can't read everyones at the same time. What about all the questions that I asked EVERYONE to answer?? Where are the answers?? Just in case you just looked over it:

As I’m sure many people won’t answer on this forum but answer these questions to yourself and put yourself in the shoes of the seller in this situation…

Would you refund someones money if they said you sent them a half dead snake but it was still feeding? Even my MOM said, “Snakes that aren’t healthy don’t eat.”

Would you refund someones money if they said the snake had hundreds of mites crawling over it when they got it and you knew that wasn’t true as this is something that’s literally impossible for you to not notice?

Would you refund someones money if they told you it wheezed and you already refunded $100 no questions asked? When I shipped the snake the temperature in my area was 90 degrees plus.

Would you refund someones money if they told you they took the snake to the vet several times, had it on the best meds/strongest doses available, was doing everything they could to save it but have never told you what’s supposedly wrong with the animal even when asked ? Trevor NEVER stated that this snake had a RI or gave me any other indication that ANYTHING was wrong with this animal at all. All he ever told me was that “SOMETHING” was in her system. What vet prescribes an animal meds and tells you, ”Something’s in your pets system.” No vet is going to give anyone meds not even knowing what they’re treating. If the snake had a URI Trevor would have told me this when I asked.

Would you refund someones money if after over 2 months of owning the snake they contact you telling you they’re going to have the snake euthanized and wanted a refund because she “isn't well enough to my satisfaction?”

Would you refund someones money if the person you sold the snake to told other people that they plan to breed this animal this season and tell you that the animal's condition was so bad they they felt it needed to be euthanized?? If you feel the animal wasn't going to make it why tell others you planned to breed it?

Would you refund someones money if they threatened you every other email that they’ed post a bad guy thread on the BOI about you if you didn’t comply in an attempt to force you to do so?

Who here would ever keep a snake that when received was half dead and swarming with mites risking infection to the rest of your collection, keep that animal for OVER 2 MONTHS and contact who you got it from stating that you were going to have to euthanize the animal and wanted a refund??

Who here can honestly answer yes to all these questions and say that you yourself would refund someone money if you were in my shoes??

Would you refund someones money if a friend told you the buyer posted the animal on a popular forum and EVERYONE was telling them how nice that animal was? You don’t show off half dead, mite infested snakes on forums to show everyone how nice of an animal you just got. You don’t tell people how you plan on breeding the animal and that it’s feeding if you think it might not survive. ANYONE who knows snakes knows that dying snakes don’t keep feeding and if you’re planning on having it euthanized the next day (this is what Trevor told me) then why would you even be trying to feed it?? You don’t put smiley faces all over your thread about the animal if you’re not satisfied with it.

You don’t get comments in the thread that you post on this animal like:

Stunning-I want a blood!

Daaaaaaaaamn boy! You are picking out a killer collection over there! Do I need to come and *ahem* visit?

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

That's a hot deep purple lady! As sweet as the brighter reds are, her darkness only serves to amplify the glowing colors along her sides. Great pickup!

She is beautiful!!!!That was a NICE pick up!!! Who did you get her from?
    Smoking girl!

I absolutely love that dark head, she is one hot blood!

You don’t have Jason Holzworth of redpython.net respond: “Weight? She looks perfect,” when you say you want to ad weight to her so you can breed her next season if she’s dying.

Here’s the link to the thread that Trever posted on the snake he received from me a MONTH after he received the snake from me:

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=96664

Does this look like a half dead/sick animal to you?? To much stuff in this doesn’t make since to me.

I sent Trevor a damn beautiful animal and EVERYONE who saw it said the same. Frankly I believe this is a bullcrap way to try to get some money back.

I asked Travor himself to answer these questions, no answers....

Thanks

This kid is a JOKE!!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patrick Long For This Useful Post:

2kdime (09-07-2009),blackcrystal22 (09-07-2009),thegoalie22 (09-24-2009)

Thanks

It's your business ethics in question, not ours.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nate For This Useful Post:

2kdime (09-07-2009),blackcrystal22 (09-07-2009),Haydenphoto (09-07-2009),Hulihzack (09-07-2009),Jerhart (09-07-2009),thatkindofgirl (09-09-2009)

Thanks

Would you refund someones money if they said you sent them a half dead snake but it was still feeding? Even my MOM said, “Snakes that aren’t healthy don’t eat.”

You didnt send me a half dead snake Matt. The snake has a RI that won't go away.

Would you refund someones money if they said the snake had hundreds of mites crawling over it when they got it and you knew that wasn’t true as this is something that’s literally impossible for you to not notice?

Go get your eyes checked Matt. I bought 2 cans of PAM to deal with the issue.

Would you refund someones money if they told you it wheezed and you already refunded $100 no questions asked? When I shipped the snake the temperature in my area was 90 degrees plus.

Sure would, if it ended up in the animal being this sick, you betcha.

Would you refund someones money if they told you they took the snake to the vet several times, had it on the best meds/strongest doses available, was doing everything they could to save it but have never told you what’s supposedly wrong with the animal even when asked ? Trevor NEVER stated that this snake had a RI or gave me any other indication that ANYTHING was wrong with this animal at all. All he ever told me was that “SOMETHING” was in her system. What vet prescribes an animal meds and tells you, ”Something’s in your pets system.” No vet is going to give anyone meds not even knowing what they’re treating. If the snake had a URI Trevor would have told me this when I asked.

My vet knows the names of the Bacteria, not me, he's the vet. I do know Pseudomonas was one of them, but this bacteria may or may not be what was causing the infection. I told you we started her on antibiotics and consecutive emails in the last page continued the conversation.

Would you refund someones money if after over 2 months of owning the snake they contact you telling you they’re going to have the snake euthanized and wanted a refund because she “isn't well enough to my satisfaction?”

I'd offer to buy the snake back first, I would stand behind my animals.

Would you refund someones money if the person you sold the snake to told other people that they plan to breed this animal this season and tell you that the animal's condition was so bad they they felt it needed to be euthanized?? If you feel the animal wasn't going to make it why tell others you planned to breed it?

I said that information before antibiotic therapy was finished. I wasn't aware she had a bacteria that wasn't going to be killed off by the meds.

Would you refund someones money if they threatened you every other email that they’ed post a bad guy thread on the BOI about you if you didn’t comply in an attempt to force you to do so?

I'd say that the person gave me every chance he could to resolve the situation before he felt it was necessary to make the problem public.

Who here would ever keep a snake that when received was half dead and swarming with mites risking infection to the rest of your collection, keep that animal for OVER 2 MONTHS and contact who you got it from stating that you were going to have to euthanize the animal and wanted a refund??

The snake wasn't half dead, she was half alive. She just needed the right care and support. She is such a beautiful snake, that's why I bought her from you. But despite my and my vets best efforts, she isn't able to fully recover from this.

I'm not mad at you Matt. I do however hope you turn yourself around for your sake and for the future of this hobby. The last thing we would have needed was for this box to have opened up or get squashed. I also wanted to answer your questions for you.

I also feel obligated to tell others of this situation.

I'm out 500 bucks for this animal Matt. You paid some of the vet bills, thank you for that.

I wouldn't sleep right knowing I could have prevented this from happening to someone else.

Best of luck to you.

Trevor

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2kdime For This Useful Post:

Haydenphoto (09-07-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burnziesballs8 View Post
    guys don't just jump on the bandwagon here the man has said 3 or 4 times that he knows he should have used a better box, but he also stated that he had much more paper in the box to keep the snake snug and safe, and also was in a bag.... he hasn't been ignoring your questions..... if this is his job or how he makes a living he may have made a mistake but you don't need to poop all over him about that, he admitted and hopefully learned from it....
    Obviously the snake was okay for atleast a month and a bit b/c of the thread the buyer made, if the snake has gone down south since then, possibly from the flight or b/c of the conditions it's in now.... but it's very true and we all know that if the snake isn't doing well or feeling TOTALLY comfortable it won't eat, so it couldn't have been that bad
    the buyer has yet to show us a recent pic to show the animal he just keeps burying this guy about the shipping, we know that it could have been done MUCH better thats not what this is about, it's about the snake being sick now and dying and how it happened, it sucks for both these guys and i'm sure both would be much happier with a healthy snake and a good deal.... but no need to go after this guys throat unless he's deliberately hurting the animals all the time with no care, if he learns his lesson about shipping let it go we have all messed up before, all our poop stinks
    Thank you very much. I'm not a bad guy out to get anyone. In over 5 years and almost 700 transactions i've gotten 2 big complaints (this being one) and many many pats on the back that don't make it to the net. I started looking for styrofoam sheets days ago and ONLY shipped without it because of the extreme temps. I haven't has 3/8/05 and that's because the guy left the box on the back porch for 2 days (he even told me this) because he couldn't find it and even then I refunded his money.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast