Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,062

0 members and 3,062 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,126
Threads: 248,569
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Stephendici
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: BAD GUY-Matt Oakley

Trevor, thanks so much for the immediate response. I'm sure your vet will have records that you can get copies of to support your statements (just black out any personal info prior to posting here of course). It would be of interest to all of us I think to see what the vet thinks is going on here and if he/she has any educated guess as to how long this sort of issue might have had to incubate to become this bad. I sure hope you had this girl fully quarantined.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

What a mess. IMO opinion, you should just refund the money and call it a day. The snake is put down, everyone lost. Your reputation and a future sale is worth a lot more than this huge mess of a transaction. Things happen, the best thing to do is right the wrong.

In a thread such as this one, the buyer is informing potential buyers of his experience with the seller. You guys turned it into the equivalent of a playground, ganging up on the kid that crapped his pants.

Post your experiences with Matt, dont start flinging poo to be a part of the collective.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by pavlovk1025; 09-08-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Snake's dead...
    ]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pavlovk1025 For This Useful Post:

Fearless (09-09-2009)

Thanks

Also since everyone is All over Matt on this..... what about Trevor saying in atleasty 5-6 threads on different days, "the snake is done i'm going to euthanize it, it can't make it"....... then well i didn't have time so another time or well it looks better so we'll give it another chance......
    Reptiles don't wake up with baggy eyes or tell you how their feeling, it's very difficult to know exactly how their doing, unless they are already dead bubbling out the nose and not moving..... but i haven't seen a snake just bounce back and eat after it's doing That bad, either he's giving up on a snake to try and get his money back (it is a bad economy) or the snake isn't doing that bad....
    Also as animal lovers it is never easy to euthanize an animal it's one of the worst days for an owner but if that decision is made and your animal is suffering, then you make time, there are places you can go 24 hours a day, don't say you "didnt' have time to go b/c thats crazy"... it's not very responsible to say you don't have time , let the animal suffer more and you go on the internet and post bad things about someone else blaming them while the snake not only is dying but your risking the rest of your collection?? something is fishy about that.....

Thanks

Hey all,

I agree that matt's shipping methods were terrible and honestly if someone shipped a snake to me like that. I would want a refund on shipping atleast. But with that said if you ask me i say Trevor is not being 100% truthful about this snake. Too much doesnt add up. Matts business practices are not great but honestly why would he purposly try to screw someone over when hes trying to breed snakes and sell them. The internet is his biggest sale point and if that gets ruined hes done. I think Trevor wants a snake for free so he threatened Matt and said he would ruin his rep if he didnt give it back the sick snake is just a cover to try and get it back. Any "proof" via email is not liable "proof" everything can be doctored. I say they are both in the wrong and they need to go there seperate ways and drop the whole topic.
    -Thanks-
    Steven

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt71915 View Post
    I've been watching this thread all day. You both have valid points and both have things that havent been really proven.
    Matt claims the snake wasnt sick, but she was in a plane in most likely feezing temps. for who knows how long. That could explain the URI or LRI whichever it may be, its totally possible that the snake got sick from the plane ride.

Things still in question. The mites and that trevor showed off the snake as if nothing was wrong.

Its easy to be over dramatic and say there's 200-300 mites on the snake, Im not saying that its true or false that there were that many, just saying that he may be exaggerating the amount.

Where they came from. They may have been on the snake from the beginning and Matt shipped the snake anyway. Maybe it picked them up on the way. 200-300 is a bit much to pick up during an overnight trip but i would say it could be possible.

I do find it hard to believe that an experienced keeper, seller and someone who has mostly positive feedback of his sales, wouldn't put the snake in a snake bag, even though the method of packing was so poor.

This has become a big mess, i don't think everyone is being truthful with what they have said.

In the end it MIGHT be entirely Matt's fault that this all happened because of the poor packaging, if that's the case then he should make things right and refund the money.

Just my view on this situation

You might want to go check BOI this is not the first time with the banana boxes ! His rep has been in question a few times all you need to do is go look !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenphoto View Post
    You might want to go check BOI this is not the first time with the banana boxes ! His rep has been in question a few times all you need to do is go look !
    Also i've heard somewhere that Matt is banned from local reptile expos/shows, because he had stolen reptiles from people...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strtaylor View Post
    Hey all,

I agree that matt's shipping methods were terrible and honestly if someone shipped a snake to me like that. I would want a refund on shipping atleast. But with that said if you ask me i say Trevor is not being 100% truthful about this snake. Too much doesnt add up. Matts business practices are not great but honestly why would he purposly try to screw someone over when hes trying to breed snakes and sell them. The internet is his biggest sale point and if that gets ruined hes done. I think Trevor wants a snake for free so he threatened Matt and said he would ruin his rep if he didnt give it back the sick snake is just a cover to try and get it back. Any "proof" via email is not liable "proof" everything can be doctored. I say they are both in the wrong and they need to go there seperate ways and drop the whole topic.
    -Thanks-
    Steven

Like is said in my last post go look at the BOI you might have a diff view on this whole mess !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    Also i've heard somewhere that Matt is banned from local reptile expos/shows, because he had stolen reptiles from people...
    Sorry man, but posts like this aren't gonna stand. Post up proof. Post up details, but "heard somewhere" is how complete garbage is started.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nate For This Useful Post:

bkelley02 (09-08-2009),ColinWeaver (09-08-2009),Fearless (09-09-2009),nixer (09-08-2009),Royal Morphz (09-08-2009),SGExotics (09-08-2009),waltah! (09-08-2009)

Thanks

critical bill
    Retired

Name : Chuck Kimmel
    Karma Power: 22

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171
    Would you refund someones money if they threatened you every other email that they’ed post a bad guy thread on the BOI about you if you didn’t comply in an attempt to force you to do so?
    Why wouldn't you come here yourself to start a complaint that you were being extorted? If you did everything proper and had nothing to hide or be ashamed of I cant see why you wouldn't.

I don't always agree with using the BOI as a means to pushing a person into a course of action. But some people really need that push. Its obvious you think you didn't need that push but really you did.

You said in your PM to me that you know you were wrong and planned to correct your shipping deficiencies in the future. You recognize your problem and that is a first step in bouncing back. The other step would be to refund Trevor and make this situation right. There is no denying you're a passionate young man when it comes to reptiles. Dont cut corners and let greed take that away from you buddy. Get back to the basics - back to the basics of caring - everything else will fall back into place. Please trust me on this and forget what you think Trevor is trying to pull over on you. You were wrong since step one, you admitted it and now you need to do something about it.

Do something about it.

Just a post from the other forum talking ! Just hope he does the right thing !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloodpython171 View Post
    How convenient, now you camera was incorrect when you took the pic of the animal but a little while ago you were thanking the guy for proving that you took the pic when you said you did. I'm happy you camera now has the correct info programed into it...

Everyone reading this might not know that you didn't take that pic as soon as you opened the box and i'm sure many don't even care. You said I didn't even ship the snake in a bag which is crazy as the bag was blue! But I do know you didn't get it like that and the snake wasn't in the "half alive" condition as you stated which is why you posted it on here to show everyone how nice of an animal you just added to your collection a MONTH after receiving it. No one here can honestly say they would have done the same with an animal in the condition you say she was in, I know I wouldn't. Snakes that are on the brink of death DO NOT FEED and experienced keepers/breeders wouldn't be planning on BREEDING an animal in that condition as you stated in your thread. Only you and me know you lied when you said you just opened the box and took the pic and only you and I again know how I really packed it and the condition of the animal.

You lied about how it was packed and the condition it was in when you got it.
    One thing that bothers me is you keep bringing this up as if it is proof or something. I have noticed it at least 3 or 4 times in this thread. There are occasions where good feeding snakes will still eat if they are very sick. When I had my extremely sick snake, she ate all the way to death. The point when she couldn't strike at the mouse because her energy was gone, was when we knew it was over.
    Even though she was sick and dying (nothing medically able to do) she ate fine. So, please stop saying that as if it's validating your point, because it is not.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

littleindiangirl (09-08-2009)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast