Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,314

4 members and 3,310 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Price drops

Thanks

Re: Price drops

Quote Originally Posted by dmaricle View Post
    hey my man thats my add. look i know how ya feel, and sorry to say it but the economy sucks i couple keep them and wait for things to pick up but i am running out of room, i know things are hard for others so i try to help them out. but in my defense i have seen them going for cheaper. i see pastel males going for 50 bucks. so sorry your feathers are ruffled but its life bro and some people need money, but since you got money i will sell one to you for 300 shipped you know how to reach me..........
    What do you figure Dylan, about $50 for shipping? So you are selling them for $130. Where have you seen a Spider cheaper than $130? As I posted to the other person, you can sell them for what you want. It doesn't mean I have to agree with it or respect it. Everyone needs money. Hell, I need money. But these animals are worth more to me than that.

Thanks

Would have never seen that ad unless this thread was posted. I pay no attention what so ever to Fauna or Kingsnake, I buy from the same breeder(s) each and every time. I trust them to have a fair but not over inflated or under valued price. I know I may miss some great people in this business but really the only board I frequent is this one. Too many awesome people from here to buy from to see the need to look elsewhere.

While I understand your point Jamie, and it does bother me a bit (the cheap sellers)...I think those types will eventually run themselves out of business and I just don't see the point in worrying about them. Yes, someone will always be looking for the cheapest- not me though!

On the other hand, some of the morphs are finally within my grasp.

*edited*
    Dylan, please don't think I am pointing my post at you. I am saying the ones in general that I have seen in the past undercutting on purpose.
    I don't know anything about you or your animals so in all fairness I can't comment on your particular ad.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    2.0 Off Track Thoroughbreds
    0.3 human kids
    1.0 Boyfriend who puts up with the craziness

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catawhat75 For This Useful Post:

frankykeno (09-07-2009),jglass38 (09-06-2009),Mike Cavanaugh (09-06-2009),monk90222 (09-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catawhat75 View Post
    Would have never seen that ad unless this thread was posted. I pay no attention what so ever to Fauna or Kingsnake, I buy from the same breeder(s) each and every time. I trust them to have a fair but not over inflated or under valued price. I know I may miss some great people in this business but really the only board I frequent is this one. Too many awesome people from here to buy from to see the need to look elsewhere.

While I understand your point Jamie, and it does bother me a bit (the cheap sellers)...I think those types will eventually run themselves out of business and I just don't see the point in worrying about them. Yes, someone will always be looking for the cheapest- not me though!

On the other hand, some of the morphs are finally within my grasp.
    Excellent post Ingrid!

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Catawhat,

Good point! But as they crash and burn selling their animals so cheaply, they do in fact impact the overall market prices. History has certainly shown that.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Thanks Jamie
    I see the undercutting in my line of work all the time and lots of my fellow professionals get bent out of shape. I don't worry b/c I am still in business, still growing, was able to buy a house and those that came in screaming "look at our prices, we will beat everyone else" no longer are around.

That and I have enough on my plate to worry about anyone else's life
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    Catawhat,

Good point! But as they crash and burn selling their animals so cheaply, they do in fact impact the overall market prices. History has certainly shown that.
    That may be true. But what can you do about it? There is no set price fixing and an animal is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. (Ok, in my mind animals are priceless but I digress).
    We cannot control what other people do or think. I do my part by not buying from them. Obviously others care about price over quality or this wouldn't be an issue.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catawhat75 For This Useful Post:

nixer (09-06-2009),scutechute (09-07-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catawhat75 View Post
    That may be true. But what can you do about it? There is no set price fixing and an animal is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. (Ok, in my mind animals are priceless but I digress).
    We cannot control what other people do or think. I do my part by not buying from them. Obviously others care about price over quality or this wouldn't be an issue.
    and some try to charge a premium for low quality animals at the same time
    also who said that daytona or any other show should set the price? heck ive seen stuff cheaper at tinley then some of what guys post here or anywhere else.
    just like my 400$ albinos females i got there yet thats even lower than what the current pricing trend is

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nixer For This Useful Post:

rjk890 (09-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    That is absolutely ridiculous! Especially right after Daytona that generally showed a steadying of prices!

Just like always I would be VERY careful any time you are buying an animal for an advertised price well below retail prices. Why are they selling so cheap? Whats the hurry? Whats wrong with the animal? Whats wrong with the breeder? These are all questions that I would be asking.

No, I don't believe it is the economy or too many people breeding. If that were true then the Daytona prices would have been lower. It is about people trying to dump animals for one reason or another.
    you have to think about breeders that do it for a living ! They have to sell animals to stay alive . I've been watching kingsnake and this prices are dropping really fast ! They had mojave's on there yesterday for 195.00 each so when you say what's wrong with the animal i have to say most times there ok its a lot of guys that have to many and they need to move them now . Think about it every week they have to feed everything they have and if they haver a ton of snakes whether they breed the rats or not it still will cost more for them in the long run to keep so a lot are dumping them !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yankneck View Post
    do you really think one person is going to crash the market ?and what gives you the badge to say what a person can sell there animals for ?you cant get mad over another persons property and the said person would have to have truck loads ov said morphs to slghtly influance the market .
    I love it

Kinda funny how some get mad because they wont make as much money as they used to selling them !

Thanks

look i know were yall are coming from and this is was an emergency post so before yall start bashing me you should know the persons situation. i had a very good breeding season and i have more hatching than are selling my racks are almost full and my wife is about o give birth to our first child i made this post in hopes of selling them this weekend to finish up our baby room. i do not under value my animals at all. i love each and everyone of them. this is not my only source of income this is a hobby for me and my family sorry to turn all yall against me but if thats what it takes to get a little extra money for my baby so be it. this is the main reason i stay away from most forums i just thought this one was better than this and i have been there for everyone and tried to support everyone in the hobby the best i can thaks for returning the favor.

0.1 mini weiner dog (the doodle)
    too many balls to list!!!!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dmaricle For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (09-06-2009),kris62901 (09-07-2009),rjk890 (09-06-2009),trott (09-09-2009),_Venom_ (09-07-2009)

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast