Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,208

2 members and 3,206 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Talking I am thinking about getting a s ake tattoo . . .

So I went with a friend today when he got his tat and it got me thinking about getting a small BP done. I am not much of a tat guy and this would be my first one and a small one. Probably on the shoulder or pec area. What I am debating though (not including if I even really want it) is what morph to get.

I am thinking either a bee or maybe a mojave. There are also a ton of other morphs that I think would look good in color (lemon blast, tons of different spider morphs, et cetera).

I did a search and saw a nice spider tat going from the back down the pec. Though I want mine a lot smaller it did give me hope it could turn out good.

So any input on the idea of getting a snake tat, what morph to get and where to get it? I've already found a great artist to do the work at a good price, so that's taken care of.
    6.21 ball pythons
    0.1 Suriname BCC, Florida Redtail line
    Lots of ASFs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts

Re: I am thinking about getting a s ake tattoo . . .

SPIDERRRRRRRRR

i wanted to get the pattern down my entire arm, but i think im gonna change it to my leg ^-^

i want the spinal stripe to go down my shin, then the stripes that look like ribs to horizontally come out. but it would probably be kinda hard to get it exactly how i want it.

i saw some really wicked GTP tats while doing some research
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Heres My spider tattoo. I was mainly going for the spider outline but didnt want the white sides as i bleed out white ink. Kept the black pattern of the spider and had brown as the main color... This is the actual design of my spider male i have.

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: I am thinking about getting a s ake tattoo . . .

Quote Originally Posted by flameethrower View Post
    Heres My spider tattoo. I was mainly going for the spider outline but didnt want the white sides as i bleed out white ink. Kept the black pattern of the spider and had brown as the main color... This is the actual design of my spider male i have.

Yeah your tat was the one that convinced me it could look really sweet.
    6.21 ball pythons
    Lots of ASFs

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

I went back and had 2 more hours added into it to add more color and make the drop shadow pop out better.
    Just do not get it this size over in the area i did. I can handle pain very welll but after 2 hours its non stop pain. But its worth it if you love snakes as much as i do. Just research the areas in which you want the tattoo so you know what your getting into.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks

I dont have a snake answer for you but take some advice from me take time and do your research do not get something to small you will regret it .. I made the mistake by getting my first tattoo too small luckily I was able to modify it later on but people generally make the mistake by getting their first tattoo too small because they dont know how bad the tattoo will hurt. Just be smart i would go with the calf maybe wrapping around the leg and definitely spider

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PolishPython View Post
    I dont have a snake answer for you but take some advice from me take time and do your research do not get something to small you will regret it .. I made the mistake by getting my first tattoo too small luckily I was able to modify it later on but people generally make the mistake by getting their first tattoo too small because they dont know how bad the tattoo will hurt. Just be smart i would go with the calf maybe wrapping around the leg and definitely spider
    Totally agree. I made the same mistake with my first tattoo. It looks like a good size on paper but when its on your skin, for some reason, it looks hella smaller.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PolishPython View Post
    Great advice about not getting it too small, I hadn't considered that. And while the calf
    would be a cool place I am definitely getting it in a place that won't be visible in a tshirt and shorts. Like I said, I've always been kinda neutral on tata and want something that won't be visible all the time if I later decide I dint want to be displaying it all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I am liking the idea enough to consider it but it is my first (I am 25) and want to be smart about it. I know I will always love snakes but I'm not sure I'll always want that displayed on my skin. That's why I think the shoulder or pec area is my top choice so far.
    6.21 ball pythons
    Lots of ASFs

Thanks

I personally love back tattoos... I completely agree that a "too small" tattoo would be disappointing... Make sure they do a detailed drawing of the tattoo and allow you to take a really good look at it before its made permanent- Don't let them rush you no matter what!! Also, eat a light meal a little bit before having the tattoo done, you don't want to go on an empty stomach or on a really full stomach.

You may also want to take into consideration that brightly coloured tattoos will require touchups throughout your life. (You probly already know that )

I demand pics if you end up getting your tattoo!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 1,556 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have 2 tattoos and 5 piercings. I think it's great that you want a tattoo, just make sure the place is clean, and like somebody stated above, make sure they do a detailed drawing, and ask to see some of the persons other work.

I have Neal tattooed on my right inner forearm(I designed the lettering myself).
    I have a tatoo of a Dragon flying with a crystal ball on my left chest.

I am getting ready to get "Kryptonite" accross my shoulders, then im going get a verse from a part of the bible I like on my middle back. After that maybe like 1-2 more in a spot that isn't always visible.

As far as piercings go, I have my left ear pierced twice, I have both my nipples pierced, and PA.
    -Venomous-

1.0 - Naja siamensis - Zeus (Black & White Spitting Cobra)
    1.0 - Naja n. woodi - Hades (Black Spitting Cobra)
    0.1 - Naja nigricollis - Athena (Black-necked Spitting Cobra)

coming at some point in the future
    Naja annulata (Ringed Water Cobra)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast