Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,397

2 members and 3,395 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Man tries to feed kitten to boa

This ruined snake keepers reputation. heres the link.
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...rge_09_01_2009
    "Don't Underestimate me."
    My herps:
    1.0.0 Ball Python- rex
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon- Spike
    0.1.0 Crested Gecko- Cheweh
    0.0.2 Metallic Pink Toe Tarantula-Bubbles, Skittle(My little brother named them)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: Man tries to feed kitten to boa

That is nothing bad against snake keepers. That is the guy being cruel to animals which is why hes in jail. Will not hurt our hobby at all except for that guys rep.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
    This ruined snake keepers reputation. heres the link.
    http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...rge_09_01_2009
    perhaps but this might have helped reptiles reputation because obviously the snake didnt eat the kitten. its kinda hard for them to stay the snake is a kitten killer when it didnt and can help to show the opposite fact

Thanks

To be honest, while i personally would NEVER feed a cat, or dog to a snake, you have to think of the reality of the situation in general. ( Though the way he went about this was entirely wrong, and disgusting) There are MILLIONS of cats and dogs without homes in this entire country. Hundreds of thousands each year are put to sleep because of no better option. Thousands of those animals are used in science, for classrooms where they get cut up and tossed away so kids and adults can learn about anatomy. ( personally, while it furthers humans knowledge, i find it with todays technology, a waste, in some ways. But i can understand the need for it too)

While it might seem offensive to many, I see nothing, inherently WRONG with feeding these animals ( which are food for humans in other countries!!!), properly( prekilled, humanely), to snakes, or other predators that can benefit from the feeding of such prey items.

I jsut try to look at this stuff from both sides of the fence. It might bother me... Because i love cats and dogs, but i can truly understand it, so long as its done humanely. It just seems less wasteful to me.
    Now if people would just go and get their cats and dogs FIXED this would become LESS of a problem if people were more proactive!!!

The way this jerk treated that live animal though is disgusting, and im glad the jerk is in jail.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mooingtricycle For This Useful Post:

Artistry Exotics (09-08-2009),dkwalton (09-03-2009),Foschi Exotic Serpents (09-02-2009),h00blah (09-03-2009),mainbutter (09-07-2009),RedDevil (09-02-2009),sg1trogdor (09-02-2009),Shawn (09-07-2009),Snakeman (09-03-2009),the_Ryno (09-03-2009)

Thanks

I agree with you guys in every way, in the morning while i was watching the news they clearly said a couple of time that he is a snake keeper and he ussually feeds kittens to his snake.
    "Don't Underestimate me."
    My herps:
    1.0.0 Ball Python- rex
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon- Spike
    0.1.0 Crested Gecko- Cheweh
    0.0.2 Metallic Pink Toe Tarantula-Bubbles, Skittle(My little brother named them)

Thanks

my god trying to feed it to a snake is one thing but then DROP KICKING it across his lawn? My god i hope this guy burns in hell, he can only be expressed by words i cannot say on the forums.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiexecutioner For This Useful Post:

DarkComeSoon (09-02-2009),rthamilton (09-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
    I agree with you guys in every way, in the morning while i was watching the news they clearly said a couple of time that he is a snake keeper and he ussually feeds kittens to his snake.
    im sure they did and im sure thats wht he does but they didnt see that in the video all they seen was some arse tossing and kicking a kitten. thank god the snake didnt eat it on video

Thanks

And to think, that sorry jerk is out on BOND!! I'm both a cat, dog, and snake lover, and that SICKENED me!
    Dude, where did Bob go?

Thanks

I have seen ads about this on Craigslist. People giving away kittens stating that they aren't to be used for snake food so not to contact them if that is your intent. I've seen this in quite a few cities and emailed a few of them to find out that yes, they were all contacted by people with large snakes wanting free food =/ That makes me sick to my stomach that people would throw living kittens and puppies to their reptiles. But I guess the rat breeders feel the same about their pets, as the ball python keepers feel saddened that cobra keepers feed BPs to their snakes. While I don't agree with what these people are doing, I think the act will do more harm to the reptile hobby than it would to the cat population.

As stated in an earlier post, euthanizing these animals first would be key. Not just for the humane treatment of the animal (plenty of us offer live prey to our snakes) but the fact that a cat bite could do serious harm to your reptile. Cats harbor tons of bacteria in their saliva, which is why most animals you rescue from Fluffy's clutches wind up dying later anyways from contamination. Even people can get sick from a bite if not treated properly, so why risk it?
    My clan-
    1.2 Human Children, 1.0 Boyfriend
    2.4 Normal Ball Pythons, 2.0 Pastel Ball Pythons
    1.0 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Spider Ball Python
    1.0 Sable Ball Python, 0.2 Feline Royalty
    0.1 Hyperactive Siberian Husky, 3.9 Breeder Mice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HerpKeeperVA View Post
    I have seen ads about this on Craigslist. People giving away kittens stating that they aren't to be used for snake food so not to contact them if that is your intent. I've seen this in quite a few cities and emailed a few of them to find out that yes, they were all contacted by people with large snakes wanting free food =/ That makes me sick to my stomach that people would throw living kittens and puppies to their reptiles. But I guess the rat breeders feel the same about their pets, as the ball python keepers feel saddened that cobra keepers feed BPs to their snakes. While I don't agree with what these people are doing, I think the act will do more harm to the reptile hobby than it would to the cat population.

As stated in an earlier post, euthanizing these animals first would be key. Not just for the humane treatment of the animal (plenty of us offer live prey to our snakes) but the fact that a cat bite could do serious harm to your reptile. Cats harbor tons of bacteria in their saliva, which is why most animals you rescue from Fluffy's clutches wind up dying later anyways from contamination. Even people can get sick from a bite if not treated properly, so why risk it?
    Feeding any animal, other animals that have been Euthanized with the "Shot" would be very dangerous for the receiving animal, and should never be fed. Im talking other methods of dispatching a large mammal. just so people are very clear.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast