Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,168

1 members and 3,167 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: ARS Acrylic Show Display Cases.

I'm pretty sure when Sean Bradley and Tim Bailey brought their animals to Birmingham, they were loaded in their displays inside the carrying cases. If I remember correctly.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I'm pretty sure when Sean Bradley and Tim Bailey brought their animals to Birmingham, they were loaded in their displays inside the carrying cases. If I remember correctly.
    Been doing the same myself several weekends a month for almost a year and it works out great for me and my animals.

I know several other professional breeders that transport their animals inside of displays to shows.

Hope this helps.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Welp..The pros have spoken. For me, not really an option. Maybe because I am too clumsy and would probably drop them. If you are comfortable with it, go to it!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
    Welp..The pros have spoken. For me, not really an option. Maybe because I am too clumsy and would probably drop them. If you are comfortable with it, go to it!
    Since joining this forum 5 years ago this month, I've always advocated for each keeper to figure out what works best for themselves and their own animals ... to me it sounds like you're doing it right Jamie!

I always feel blessed to be able to share my experiences and hope that in some way they help someone figure out what will or will not work for them.

Blessings,

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Don't the vendors usually leave the animals on their tables for a Sat/Sun show? There is security that watched the floor.

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

thanks for all the replies. Now one more question related to this. on a Saturday / Sunday show, if you are a small time breeder like me ( will only have two complete display cases set up... total of about 30 snakes ) what should i do with the snakes saturday night? do I leave them on the table or do I just put the displays back in the cases and bring back to the hotel?

I know these shows have overnight security... but I also know for a fact that snakes have been stolen before at times when the public is not in the building. I certainly don't have $25,000 snakes, but I do have basics morphs that are in high demand.

The cases do lock, but anyone who has an ARS display also has a key to my cases. plus it wouldn't be too hard for someone to just take an entire case.
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    You're right Robin, I know atleast Sean had his loaded that way, and I saw no ill effects.
    Custom reptile and amphibian enclosures! As well as other custom wood working.

Thanks

Man those ars displays are nice and the cases look like you can throw it down a flight of stairs and not even dent it

BPnet Senior Member Mike Cavanaugh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 458 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cavanaugh View Post
    thanks for all the replies. Now one more question related to this. on a Saturday / Sunday show, if you are a small time breeder like me ( will only have two complete display cases set up... total of about 30 snakes ) what should i do with the snakes saturday night? do I leave them on the table or do I just put the displays back in the cases and bring back to the hotel?

I know these shows have overnight security... but I also know for a fact that snakes have been stolen before at times when the public is not in the building. I certainly don't have $25,000 snakes, but I do have basics morphs that are in high demand.

The cases do lock, but anyone who has an ARS display also has a key to my cases. plus it wouldn't be too hard for someone to just take an entire case.
    anybody?
    Mikey Cavanaugh
    (904) 318-3333

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

When we had the table in Daytona last year, we left the animals overnight in the Convention Center. I don't know anyone who took their animals back to the hotel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast