Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,507

0 members and 2,507 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,129
Threads: 248,573
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, KILLER112397

Thread: Heating

Thanks

Question Heating

OK I am new as a BP owner (18 mo.s) I keep hearing people talking about flexwatt/heat tape.I have seen it on website for sale. My question is how do you use it?! Specifically,I have 5 BP in separate Sterilite/rubbermaid containers,do I use 5 stips of tape with 1,2 thermostats or do you need a seperat thermostat for each tape strip?! Help!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Re: Heating

you can solder them to their own plug or solder them in series onto one plug. Only need 1 thermostat to control all the flexwatt. Just cut a piece for each shelf o nthe rack and solder to extension cord. and once connected just plug into the t-stat and youll be all set.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flameethrower View Post
    you can solder them to their own plug or solder them in series onto one plug. Only need 1 thermostat to control all the flexwatt. Just cut a piece for each shelf o nthe rack and solder to extension cord. and once connected just plug into the t-stat and youll be all set.
    Just be sure each piece is of equal length and width.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here's a thread of mine that I asked questions on. It's got pictures of the flex watt and on the second page pictures of it all sad and done.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...flex+watt+isis

Thanks

I've heard so much back an forth on what to use, UTH or Lamps, the argument seems to be (correct me if I'm wrong) that UTH's don't kill the humidity and are easy, Lamps on the other hand are more "natural" given the sun is what heats them during the day... So I have a lamp during the day that mimics the amount on sunlight outside and then whenever it turns off the UTH turns on during the night... i figure in nature they are heated by the sun during the day and the ground stays warm during the night but since substrate doesn't really hold heat I use the UTH... dunno how to do that with 5 tubs especially if they are stacked...

oh, and I always check the humidity so that the lamp doesn't let it get below 50-60%

but with the flexwatt I just have mine individually, i only have 1 BP... sorry bout the off-topic-ness at the top of the post
    0.1 Normal BP - Aldous
    1.0 Bumblebee BP - Huxley

Thanks

no,that's fine i am still learning.I bought my first female from a local small-time breeder and changed my setup to a similar one last year.Basically The reps have their own room that is heated by a small space heater 24 hrs. During the day i have a heat lamp directed at one end for "basking" I have heard a lot of different opinions about lowering/not lowering at night? The humidity seems fine,i just have to watch i don't get too much and then condensation problems!