Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,221

2 members and 3,219 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

I think my python is retarded...

well for some history about him, I bought him from a petco in California and the reason I got him was because he was the only one not curled up in a little ball scared to death... but he also wasn't head shy and was very social, any-who this picture was taken about an hour after he ate
    Last edited by rabernet; 08-28-2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Editing censored word

Thanks

Re: I think my python is retarded...

Just some advice! You need better hides! Two hides the same and they need to have one small opening that the snake barely fits in. The half logs suck for balls! Here is an idea of what to use - http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_cave.php

Thanks

I don't really have enough money to buy new hides for him and he doesn't seem stressed

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKyardHOE View Post
    I don't really have enough money to buy new hides for him and he doesn't seem stressed
    You can buy a 3 pack of plastic cereal bowls at The Dollar Tree, and turn them into proper hides. That's just $.33 a hide. Solder out an entrance and you're golden!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

seeya205 (08-28-2009)

Thanks

unfortunately I don't have a soldering iron but I could reorient that hide so it's more enclosed like the hide on the left

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,200 Posts

Those log hides have to go like stated. Their best used with rodents for chewing. Just get the dollar store bowls and use scissors to cut a opening on each one and your all sen.

Thanks

The way you have the left hide isn't too bad! It is better than leaving it open! You can also use a knife to cut a hole then sand the edges or burn them with a lighter to make the hides! Also you should cover the back and sides! He may not act stressed but doesn't mean he isn't!

Thanks

He actually seems pretty good size for the half logs. If you want to, you could get like black construction paper, cut it to fit the front of the half log and make a little entrance way. I've seen someone else do it for when they couldn't afford new hides. also, you might want to cover up the sides and the back of the tank with a black construction paper, or cork board for added insulation.

Edit: And every BP is different. I didn't think my BP was the sharpest crayon in the box, til I fixed her husbandry
    2.0 Crested Geckos

Thanks

I honestly think that the hide on the left side of the tank is perfectly fine it's blocked on one side with rocks and covered on the other with a plant... the other one however I admit needs to be replaced as Faffy can't even fit under it without it raising off the ground and I have tried to ghetto rig it so that it sort of works but he is big boned and it just needs to be replaced... however I think that a plastic cereal bowl will be too small for him

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JUNKyardHOE View Post
    I honestly think that the hide on the left side of the tank is perfectly fine it's blocked on one side with rocks and covered on the other with a plant... the other one however I admit needs to be replaced as Faffy can't even fit under it without it raising off the ground and I have tried to ghetto rig it so that it sort of works but he is big boned and it just needs to be replaced... however I think that a plastic cereal bowl will be too small for him
    My snakes love their exo-terra cave hides... but if you want something a bit cheaper, try these: https://www.reptilebasics.com/Hide-Boxes-p-1-c-282.html I just ordered a few for my new babies, and can't wait to see how they work out!
    Lolo's Collection...
    Ball Pythons: 0.4 Normals, 1.0 Pastel, 1.1 Mojaves, 1.0 Black Pastel, 2.0 Spiders, 0.1 Lesser, 1.0 Orange Ghost, 0.1 Honeybee
    0.1 Spotted Python, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    3.4 Corn Snakes, 1.1 Western Hognose Snakes, 1.2 cats, and 1.0 dog (47lb mutt)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast