Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,847

0 members and 1,847 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
  • 02-05-2009, 04:11 PM
    Toronto Python Gurus
    Re: POLL: Have you been bit by a BP?
    i have 14 ball pythons ranging from a year old all the way up to 6 years old and "knock on wood" i have never been biten i've been hissed at a few times and that lets me know to either leave them alone or be a little more cautious of what im doing, i also have a custom built reptile room for them all and i have people wanting to check it out and hold snakes all the time and same thing nobody has ever been bit, you just have to be careful i always make sure to use antibacterial after i have handled rats or mice before touchin or pplacin my hand in the enclosures which im sure has added a little bit of help to not gettin bit
  • 02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
    DMTWI
    I've only had my little (6 month old) male bp for about a week now, no bites to report, only a couple of strikes. :snake:

I did get tagged good a couple times by my Columbian red tail boa when I was a kid, that did hurt some. :snake2:
  • 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
    Douglesser
    I have only been bit good once. By a 8' redtail, the best part was pulling the broken teeth out. :D
  • 02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
    Emilio
    I finally got bit by the one I would have never expected it from, it was all my fault he smelled the asf and couldn't find it. I tried to get it for him and bam, glad its out the way though it wasn't that bad.
  • 02-05-2009, 07:18 PM
    Jyson
    I have been bitten by everything from a baby corn snake, to a maneating ball python, to a 7 foot Argentine Boa (on the shoulder to boot! :O )

But, I have never been bitten by mine or anyone else's retics that I have held. Isn't that ironic. :rolleyes::D
  • 02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
    bobberly1
    A couple of times, but only for feeding responses.
  • 02-06-2009, 01:08 AM
    Haitun
    Never, for me.

But my ex boyfriend got bitten by Hyori while she was pretty young.

Basically his fault though, he was dumb enough to put his hand in her cage while she was about to eat. :rolleyes:

http://i39.tinypic.com/6s8651.jpg
  • 02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
    zombie&lemons
    never been bit by my bp's but by my boa yes
    it stung like a mesquito bite
  • 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
    BPHERP
    Getting bit by your ball python is simply part of owning one...

...they have no arms and no legs and as far as I know, no vocal chords, so the only way for them to tell you they don't like something is to 1) curl into a ball, or 2) bite.

Of course the more balls you own, the greater the ratio for getting bitten goes up.

BrandonsBalls
  • 02-12-2009, 10:02 PM
    Boanerges
    Never had the pleasure yet and I've been keeping balls for awhile. I've been bit or stung by a ton of things (burms, scorps, bloods, tarantulas) but never a ball :confused: The only one I have that is tempermental is my male pastel. He is ALWAYS hissy. I'm pretty sure he wants to bite me. I just pick him up anyway. Maybe me and him are both contempt that he is a grump. If one were to bite me out of my collection it would be him. But he hasn't yet :D