Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,262

2 members and 3,260 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,543
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey

Snakes and Stones

Printable View

• 02-24-2021, 07:03 AM
    Lord Sorril
    Re: Snakes and Stones
    Photo #15
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/kMjIEG3.jpg
    Some local granite-esque rocks from area. There is a quarter in the photo for scale.

At the time this photo was taken: This male is at ~1.5 years old. He has grown significantly larger since the photo and outmatches some of my older females in size.
  • 02-25-2021, 06:42 AM
    Lord Sorril
    Photo #16

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/Jy5Xe4A.jpg
    ROYGBIV
    Red - Red Jasper
    Orange - Tiger Jasper
    Yellow - Yellow Chert
    Green - African Green Opal
    Blue - Sodalite
    Indigo - Iolite
    Violet - Amethyst
  • 02-25-2021, 12:15 PM
    Bogertophis
    Love it! The world's first "rainbow python"! :D
  • 02-26-2021, 10:25 PM
    Lord Sorril
  • 02-28-2021, 08:52 AM
    Lord Sorril
    Photo #18

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/bkDrGCu.jpg
    Some more local granite. Not the fanciest rocks in the world, but, definitely the right price for me: FREE! ;)
  • 03-01-2021, 06:43 PM
    Lord Sorril
  • 03-01-2021, 06:45 PM
    Bogertophis
    Very pretty combination! :gj: Is that his allowance for not messing up your rock circle? :D
  • 03-01-2021, 07:17 PM
    Lord Sorril
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Very pretty combination! :gj: Is that his allowance for not messing up your rock circle? :D

Thanks! I would give him the quarter, but, he prefers the rodent equivalent. ;)

I did experiment with really complex designs/patterns: One of them involved over 100 well-tumbled garnets (about the size of a dime), a few pieces of sea jasper and imperial topaz. It took me about 2 hours to setup the design, and when I put the snake in the center she flailed wildly and knocked all the stones onto the floor erasing all my effort in less than three seconds. Disheartened I just formed all the stones together in a circle again (my default) to make a photo (which is #22).

I do have a relative who glues small stones of different colors to a background to create landscape scenes. She would love to acquire my rock collection. I would love to photograph my snakes in her artwork. Maybe someday we will have an artistic team-up....
  • 03-01-2021, 07:20 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    ... It took me about 2 hours to setup the design, and when I put the snake in the center she flailed wildly and knocked all the stones onto the floor erasing all my effort in less than three seconds. Disheartened I just formed all the stones together in a circle again (my default) to make a photo (which is #22).

I do have a relative who glues small stones of different colors to a background to create landscape scenes. She would love to acquire my rock collection. I would love to photograph my snakes in her artwork. Maybe someday we will have an artistic team-up....

In that case, you can keep the quarter. ;)

As for your artistic team-up, it sounds like a win...:sweeet:
  • 03-02-2021, 11:55 AM
    Trinityblood
    #13 is my favorite so far.