Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,228

2 members and 3,226 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 11-06-2018, 10:43 PM
    Sauzo
    Probably just being a weirdo lol. I catch Gina sometimes stretched out on her shelf with her head hanging down or sometimes sitting on top of a hide. I catch Louie around his plants all the time. That guy LOVES live plants. I took them away for a while and he would just sit in his hide. Now that i went out and got him some new plants, he is always outside sitting around the plants lol.
  • 11-06-2018, 10:52 PM
    jmcrook
    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Probably just being a weirdo lol. I catch Gina sometimes stretched out on her shelf with her head hanging down or sometimes sitting on top of a hide. I catch Louie around his plants all the time. That guy LOVES live plants. I took them away for a while and he would just sit in his hide. Now that i went out and got him some new plants, he is always outside sitting around the plants lol.

One of the cutest/goofiest things he does is bury himself in substrate, crawls half out of his hide, and peaks his head out of the mulch. He’s definitely a weirdo but I love him. Like a more inquisitive ball python with a blood red tail lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-24-2018, 11:44 PM
    jmcrook
    Re: 2018 Male Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname Red Tailed Boa Constrictor Progression
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...18ead8bbd0.jpg
    Just being adorable over here

• 11-25-2018, 02:18 AM
    richardhind1972
    Looking pretty cute that's for sure

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
  • 11-25-2018, 04:51 AM
    cletus
    Awesome picture. Really nice snake. Cant wait to see him grow up!
  • 12-18-2018, 10:09 PM
    jmcrook
    Shed #3 with me today. Weighed in at 144grams, exactly double his weight on arrival here, though I’m certain he’s holding back some waste. He only poops like once a month or slightly more frequently at best.
    He’s still eating hoppers weekly but they are looking super tiny anymore. Those who have raised boas from neonates, when would you consider offering multiple hoppers or increase prey size? He’s 9 months old next week. I’m by no means trying to push him in terms of growth rate but also don’t want him to be underfed. Just looking to hear about other’s experiences regarding prey size/frequency as he’s my first and (currently) only boa.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...07a60175a9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0b99c14c2a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3fe77fb100.jpg

• 12-19-2018, 12:33 AM
    zina10
    Not sure about the feeding, but that is one BEAUTIFUL snake !!

The Surinams have always been my favorite Boas hands down !

Gus actually bought my 2 stacks of Neodesha cages years ago. Drove all the way to Savannah GA to get them. Back then I didn't realize how important and famous Gus was in the Reptile Industry.I remember talking to him and that he was from Brownsville TX.

I haven't thought of that in forever, but after coming across your post and the other pretty Suriname, it made me remember that :)
  • 12-19-2018, 12:52 AM
    RickyNY
    You can definitely start giving him an adult mouse every 10 days. When he turns 1.5 years old switch him to a Weaned rat every 2 weeks.
  • 12-19-2018, 01:09 AM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    You can definitely start giving him an adult mouse every 10 days. When he turns 1.5 years old switch him to a Weaned rat every 2 weeks.

Thanks Ricky. The thing is, I’ve got a bag full of probably 30 frozen hoppers still. Think two hoppers per feeding for a bit would be okay? I generally don’t like to feed multiple items but I’ve got so many left and nothing else small enough to help eat them

• 12-19-2018, 01:35 AM
    cletus
    He just keeps getting better looking. I love that head stamp!! Good color too! I'm anxious for mine to start changing. He is still very grey.