Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,275

0 members and 3,275 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Zina, you asked for it!

Printable View

• 03-09-2018, 02:38 PM
    zina10
    Re: Zina, you asked for it!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Yeah I was only messing:)

I'm on record saying they are possibly the cutest looking snake around !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't you actually have one ?

You have a wide variety of very cool snakes, I could swear you posted a picture of one ? If not, you should get one, too !!! LOL
  • 03-09-2018, 02:48 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Don't you actually have one ?

You have a wide variety of very cool snakes, I could swear you posted a picture of one ? If not, you should get one, too !!! LOL

I'd love some but I'm hypersensitive to just about everything so I can't risk it ..
    Even little wasp stings are a nightmare

• 03-09-2018, 02:52 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I'd love some but I'm hypersensitive to just about everything so I can't risk it ..
    Even little wasp stings are a nightmare

I think it's wise, my husband has very bad allergic reactions as well and the hognose are completely off limit to him, even though they rarely bite (none has ever bit me), I would not want to take that risk.
  • 03-09-2018, 02:56 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I have a feeling that by the end of the year you will be a hognose owner ;)

Yup, agreed!

I think Zina would love a lil' hognose. And the hognose would love it's home with Zina as well.

I say go for it!
  • 03-09-2018, 03:35 PM
    zina10
    I still think that many years from now they will find me buried under mountains of animal and reptile paraphernalia and half eaten by my animals.

LOL

Its hard not to become a "hoarder", the addiction is real.

That said, I'm sure adding just one little hoggie wouldn't hurt, right ?? :)
  • 03-09-2018, 03:41 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

I think it's wise, my husband has very bad allergic reactions as well and the hognose are completely off limit to him, even though they rarely bite (none has ever bit me), I would not want to take that risk.

That is the only thing I'm a little worried about.

I used to be allergic to absolutely nothing !!! I'm still not allergic to much (I think). Penicillin and Pollen is beginning to bother me, though, and last year my second wasp sting (there are many wasps where I keep my horse) really did a number on me.

Normally they just hurt and swell a little.
    But that second one swelled up a lot more. I got stung on the top of my hand and my hand and wrist swelled up to the point that my wrist looked "bent". I sent a picture to my sister and told her I broke my wrist, LOL. She believed it, too... :D

I'm not sure if that means I'm getting more "sensitive" to those things, or that this particular one got me in a bad spot (blood vein?)

But then again, that is what Epi-Pens are for ;)

I do wonder, would that even make a difference in that case ? Benadryl and/or a Epi Pen? Technically its snake venom. But then again, its supposed to be "like" a wasp sting ?
  • 03-09-2018, 05:07 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

I do wonder, would that even make a difference in that case ? Benadryl and/or a Epi Pen? Technically its snake venom. But then again, its supposed to be "like" a wasp sting ?

I'll let you know when I get tagged, and no I will not do it on purpose ;)

My last severe allergy were to pollen years ago right before I moved to this country, since I never had an episode again.

I have been stung multiple time at once by yellow jackets with not\ effect (than again I was 10 last it happened)

What would happen now, I have no idea, I know either way a hognose bite will not kill me so I am not really worried, if I get swelled up to my elbow it will be a live and learn experience (well worth it because they are one of my favorite species), but so far knock on would I have never been tagged (7 years keeping hognose) and that is very unusual (I am a bite magnet and have been bit by anything from snake to rat to horse to kid :rolleyes:)
  • 03-09-2018, 07:27 PM
    Jus1More
    Quote:

I still think that many years from now they will find me buried under mountains of animal and reptile paraphernalia and half eaten by my animals.

LOL

Its hard not to become a "hoarder", the addiction is real.

That said, I'm sure adding just one little hoggie wouldn't hurt, right ?? :)

Zina....Zina...Zina...!!!! That's all of us chanting your name to getting your next snake:w00t: You can do it!!!!
  • 03-09-2018, 07:40 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Zina....Zina...Zina...!!!! That's all of us chanting your name to getting your next snake:w00t: You can do it!!!!

LOL, you are bad ;)
  • 03-09-2018, 11:36 PM
    dakski
    Quote:

:rofl: well kinda, it's like living the dream, minus the janitorial work (hognose do poop a LOT) and feeder breeding.

I love what I do and I am fortunate enough to be able to do it and make my childhood dream come true and that is priceless.

Yeah, colubrids (Hognose are colubrids, right? - Showing my naivety here) like to poop. My boids do a lot at once, but Figment, my corn, seems to enjoy pooping, and often.

Is it just me, or does colubrid/mouse poop smell awful? Big boid rat poop doesn't bother me as much as what Figment happily produces for me after a good mouse supper.

Either way, and sorry for the gross topic, but very happy for you Deborah. Very cool to make dreams come true and be passionate about work/what we do for a living. Of course, I deal with numbers all day and love it. Excel doesn't smell as bad as poop, but then again, I am sure many people would rather clean poop than deal with spreadsheets and numbers all day!

Your passion is inspiring.