Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,343

0 members and 3,343 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

Zina, you asked for it!

Printable View

• 03-09-2018, 07:33 AM
    Craiga 01453
    The hognose defense is comical to say the least. I've never seen one play dead in person, but can only imagine how funny it must be. I've seen a video or two that show the whole rolling over and "dying" process. One even showed the snake flipped right side up and it immediately "died" again, priceless!

I think it's hysterical to see Cosmo flatten out and hiss, which is rare for him. He's still tiny at just over 60 grams, so to hear such a racket is too much. He seems to actually believes he's scary.:rofl:
  • 03-09-2018, 07:56 AM
    CALM Pythons
    Re: Zina, you asked for it!
    Hilarious [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-09-2018, 08:37 AM
    Zincubus
    ..... and I was just thinking they'd make great display snakes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • 03-09-2018, 12:23 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    OMG, that is just TO MUCH !!!

How did I almost miss this ??? I wish one could be tagged, hehe.

That is just absolutely to die for. They have such personality. How can you not love such drama queens ?? I love the tongue hanging out, its the ultimate effort there, LOL.

Oscar worthy, I tell you, absolutely Oscar worthy.

I think I would be crying by laughing so hard. That is so adorable.

The first one is stunning. I didn't know they could have a black belly, wow. What is that morph called ? That black tongue and black belly.

Off I go to research. sigh. LOL

Thank you for sharing, those little snakes just absolutely crack me up !!! That really made my night :D

I have a feeling that by the end of the year you will be a hognose owner ;)

The one on the top is actually a purple conda het albino which is why he has a black belly (this is one of the conda characteristic along with reduce pattern.

He is a great male and breeder now and has produced some smoking babies.
  • 03-09-2018, 12:27 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post

They do, they don't play dead very often, all that I have purchased never have except 1, and a few that I hatched did but it usually right out of the egg. Rare thing to happen I am just lucky my camera is in the snake room always ready to shoot
  • 03-09-2018, 12:37 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I have a feeling that by the end of the year you will be a hognose owner ;)

The one on the top is actually a purple conda het albino which is why he has a black belly (this is one of the conda characteristic along with reduce pattern.

He is a great male and breeder now and has produced some smoking babies.

IF I do...I would definitely want one like that !! I didn't even realize it was a purple conda at first. I followed a link to "hognose morphs" and instantly liked the "purples" and dark reds. The pattern of the conda's is amazing, though. Then I googled purple condas and the picture of yours popped up. See, I have great taste, LOL !!

The eyes of the "diablos" are super cool, but overall, I would HAVE to have a purple conda, esp. if they have that ink black belly, too !

Your house must be the equivalent of Disney World. Like a "Reptile Disney World". You have such amazing and beautiful reptiles of all kinds!
  • 03-09-2018, 12:41 PM
    zina10
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post

But they make awesome display snakes !!

I would have to name mine after one of the great movie stars. Like "Marilyn Monroe" or something along those lines :) So much character and personality in such a small, cute snake :)
  • 03-09-2018, 01:17 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Your house must be the equivalent of Disney World. Like a "Reptile Disney World". You have such amazing and beautiful reptiles of all kinds!

:rofl: well kinda, it's like living the dream, minus the janitorial work (hognose do poop a LOT) and feeder breeding.

I love what I do and I am fortunate enough to be able to do it and make my childhood dream come true and that is priceless.
  • 03-09-2018, 01:20 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    that first one is so adorable! "I'm... I'm dead!" *tongueflick* "yes, very dead!"
  • 03-09-2018, 01:53 PM
    Zincubus
    Quote:

But they make awesome display snakes !!

I would have to name mine after one of the great movie stars. Like "Marilyn Monroe" or something along those lines :) So much character and personality in such a small, cute snake :)

Yeah I was only messing:)

I'm on record saying they are possibly the cutest looking snake around !