Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,390

5 members and 3,385 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
    Danounet
    Re: Help with Sexing- Has pics
    I've tried sexing our first litter of our 1.2 ASFs but they all look the same "down there". They are only 17 days old though the oldest ones, the rest are 15 days old. Would it matter alot if I wait till 21 days old? The oldest ones are starting to open their eyes.

Im trying to pratice sexing them :)
  • 09-29-2009, 01:29 PM
    twh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    If you hang a male upside down by his tail his testicles will retract like that. Some males more than others.

that settles it,i'm NEVER going to toledo!
  • 09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
    panthercz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Danounet View Post
    I've tried sexing our first litter of our 1.2 ASFs but they all look the same "down there". They are only 17 days old though the oldest ones, the rest are 15 days old. Would it matter alot if I wait till 21 days old? The oldest ones are starting to open their eyes.

Im trying to pratice sexing them :)

You might need to wait a few more days if you are inexperienced with sexing. Otherwise once their eyes are open you should be able to sex them. Once eyes are fully opened I sex them and move them into a weanling tub.
  • 10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
    SnakeKB
    Something i wanted to add. Ive had my ASF's for about 4 months now and had 4 litters. They take quite some time before the females get sexually mature. My original 1.3 set was about 6 weeks old when i got them, It took roughly 6-8 more weeks before the females got pregnant. So if your worried about sexing them, its alright to put the weaned ones in a container and let them grow a few weeks then you can really pick the males from females. I doubt they will breed by that point. I know mine havnt. I have 20 youth stored together and there all about 6 weeks now. Im just about ready to seperate males from females.
  • 10-30-2011, 10:28 PM
    BrianWilson
    Will the males have nipples? I can tell the females, even at an early age have very visible nipples. That seems to be the best way of telling the females from males. What age should the babies be weaned? How soon can the babies breed? Thank you