Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,738

0 members and 1,738 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,124
Threads: 248,568
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Rai
  • 11-15-2009, 11:02 PM
    BPHERP
    Re: The Frugal Herper's Snake Rack
    I envy your creativity and ingenuity; I am one of those people that has to buy everything pre-made.
  • 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
    KLHReptiles
    So what do you use now that van ness has changed their kitty litter pan design?? I have the shelves and now Im stuck because i cant find pans/tubs for it :confused::confused: Please help!
  • 01-25-2010, 05:06 PM
    1quik6
    I am in the same boat, just bought the shelves saturday, finally found the van
    ness kitty litter pans today, and as I was leaving noticed that they have that incline. So I guess now I am out looking for a different tub or just using the 6 quart tubs. I sure was excited about the larger tubs for my geckos though
  • 01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
    Falconsmith
    Luckily I found some when I built mine but this should help:
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...t=65939&page=3
  • 01-28-2010, 04:24 PM
    KLHReptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Falconsmith View Post
    Luckily I found some when I built mine but this should help:
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...t=65939&page=3

Unfortunately those small litter pans won't work for this particular shelving unit. Those pans are 16x12", while the shelves are only 14.5"D. These pans won't fit unless you put them in sideways which isn't a good use of space. The Petmate litter pans seem to have the same dimensions as the Van Ness, the smalls are around $2 at petstore.com, I think I am going to try them.
  • 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM
    Eyeball
    Well......I must say it is truly amazing to see my original design for a hatchling rack that I showed Justin how to build end up on bp.net. I do love the modifications that have been done to it you truly can get more shelves out of it. I hope it helps.

Thanks, Jonathan Bryan (Eyeball)
  • 02-14-2010, 11:01 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Well......I must say it is truly amazing to see my original design for a hatchling rack that I showed Justin how to build end up on bp.net. I do love the modifications that have been done to it you truly can get more shelves out of it. I hope it helps.

Thanks, Jonathan Bryan (Eyeball)

Jonathan,

Thank you for sharing your design with Justin and allowing him to share it with others and giving permission to him to post the DIY! Definitely want to give you credit!
  • 02-27-2010, 04:25 PM
    martinarquero
    it's a great Idea, I would use 1/4 white melamine, instead of the masonit board, a little more expensive but hat would resolve the humidity problem, I,m also wondering about the cat litter boxes, how do you deal with light? To maintain the right foto period to the snakes?
  • 04-25-2010, 08:11 AM
    abi21491
    Question, how tall is this rack finished? (the first one) I am thinking I would like to use back heat, and putting some of the eucaboard on the back so I can use backheat instead. This comes out looking professional, at a great price!
  • 05-07-2010, 04:02 PM
    abi21491
    Thanks so much for this! I decided to make one for #1851 6qt sterilites and #49400 Interdesign containers. It's awesome and I can always add to it later. I went with the black, obviously.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...1/DSC01581.jpg