Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,254

0 members and 3,254 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Guinea pig or Rabbit?

Printable View

• 12-19-2012, 12:18 AM
    Quantum Constrictors
    Guinea pig or Rabbit?
    Heya,

So I sold off my colony of ASF's cuz I didnt need them anymore and my pet rat recently passed away.

So I am looking for a small animal to have as a pet.

I have always had guinea pigs in my life and I love them so much. I have never had a rabbit though but have always admired them and wanted one as a pet.

Like I said I have always cared for guinea pigs and it wasnt till about a year and a half ago that I had my last one pass away from old age. I have had guinea pigs since I was about 3 so it was about 16-17 years of my life I have had guinea pigs.

Years and years ago when I lived with my cousins they had a pet rabbit that I practically cared for. I loved that rabbit. But I moved away and never saw it again. Since then I have wanted a rabbit.

I am really torn between the two.

What do you all think?
  • 12-19-2012, 12:24 AM
    I-KandyReptiles
    Rabbit!
    You can litter train them so they can free roam.
  • 12-19-2012, 12:37 AM
    Quantum Constrictors
    I know!

the only crappy thing about free roam is I have a lot of electrical cords in my bedroom that would be a pain to try to bunny proof.

I am leaning towards a guinea pig because they are so snuggly! Can just lay there on the bed with you snuggled against your belly.

But then again I think rabbits do that too lol
  • 12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
    I-KandyReptiles
    I used to have rabbits when I was younger. When Billy passed away, I slept with his brother Jinxi for a few nights.
  • 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
    mainbutter
    Rabbit-proofing a home is too difficult for me. I tried it and failed, ended up having a large portion of our basement (200 sq feet?) converted into his roaming area.

I'll likely never have a rabbit again, they require so much more effort to keep happy than any other mammals I've ever had. They are darn cute though. I vote guinea pig, they aren't anywhere near as much effort, easier to socialize, and plenty cute.
  • 12-19-2012, 02:41 PM
    DooLittle
    I have had both. And also have had outdoor, as well as indoor potty trained rabbits. Rabbits are a lot of work. Piggies are cute as heck, and I love their sounds. Just wish they didn't wiz all over when they are out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
  • 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
    Mike41793
    Have you heard the noise a guinea pig makes? I find them cute for like the first 10 seconds then its just annoying. Rabbits are way better. Theyre softer, cuter, and they hop around which is adorable. Famous bunnies? Bugs bunny, roger rabbit, Thumper etc. How many famous guinea pigs are there? None.
  • 12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
    ChrisS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Have you heard the noise a guinea pig makes? I find them cute for like the first 10 seconds then its just annoying. Rabbits are way better. Theyre softer, cuter, and they hop around which is adorable. Famous bunnies? Bugs bunny, roger rabbit, Thumper etc. How many famous guinea pigs are there? None.

Need famous guinea pigs?
    http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0436339/

I'd go with guinea pigs, rabbits are for eating.
  • 12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
    Mike41793
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Need famous guinea pigs?
    http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0436339/

I'd go with guinea pigs, rabbits are for eating.

Never heard of it.

On the other hand, everyone likes bugs bunny.
  • 12-19-2012, 04:05 PM
    SylverTears
    I'm not much of a small animal person but my mom has always kept rabbits (She had 30 baby rabbits at one point) and they seem to get more skiddish then my sisters pet guinea pig.

I'd so go with what your heart wants. It sounds like a guinea pig would fit the Bill for you.