Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

4 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Help! I can't decide!

Printable View

• 03-02-2019, 11:56 PM
    Godzilla78
    That OD ENCHi Champ has an awesome head. get him.
  • 03-03-2019, 12:42 AM
    Pancake's Momma
    Re: Help! I can't decide!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Both are simply gorgrous snakes - which is a big deciding factor in a pet you do not intend to breed.

If, however, you DO intend to breed from him in the future then things get a little more murky.

In the first generation only the orange dream enchi champagne will produce anything that isnt visually normal - but unless you bred him to a snake that was a visual ghost combo you wouldn't be able to tell if he carried the gene or not.

Where's as, while they would look normal, every offspring from the pied would be 100% pied.

Of the two on looks as a pet only snake I would probably choose the enchi orange dream champagne - but personal taste is just that. :)

Thanks! Though the snake I'd be breeding him with is a pastel het pied, so I'd actually have a 50% chance of breeding pieds and/or pastel snakes. ^^
  • 03-03-2019, 12:44 AM
    WhompingWillow
    Both are gorgeous, but I'd go for the Pied for 2 reasons. First is that you already have a Pastel (possible YB) Het Pied snake. So if you do decide to breed, you're going to have the possibility of at least Pieds and Pastel Pieds, with the chance of YB thrown in if your female proves out. And guaranteed 100% het Pied on everything else.

Second reason is that, at least from my personal experience, even non-snake people think Pied ball pythons are cool. I pull out some of our morphs for friends and family and inevitably they're drawn to our Pied male.

Just my two cents :)
  • 03-03-2019, 01:01 AM
    Dianne
    I’ll start by saying I’m partial to pieds, so I’m voting with a bias (I have 2). That said, even my non-snake-loving friends are attracted to my pieds and my BEL. Almost without fail if I’m sharing snake pictures, they make more positive comments on the pieds. And that pied you found is a beauty. I’d buy that in a heartbeat.
  • 03-03-2019, 02:32 AM
    scarThePiedBall
    Both very beautiful....buuuuuuut I'm sure ya'll can guess what I voted for :P
  • 03-03-2019, 10:33 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Here's my two cents:

It's YOUR animal. Get the one YOU want. If you're truly torn, wait til the expo, plenty of choices there.
  • 03-03-2019, 03:56 PM
    Sonny1318
    I didn’t officially vote, but I give you my opinion. I have a Pied, very low white but I really like his whole look a lot. But I’m also fortunate to have a Hypo Super Enchi. And he definitely has some orange going on his sides. He’s almost three and his color seems to be just getting better with age. It’s like Craig said it’s up to you. But I do know that Pieds hold there color very well, my Pied lost no coloration at all since I got him. He’s also a 2016 as well as my Hypo super Enchi. Maybe you should just get them both.
  • 03-03-2019, 03:57 PM
    Sonny1318
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    That OD ENCHi Champ has an awesome head. get him.

Enchi throws some way cool head stamps in my opinion!
  • 03-03-2019, 05:09 PM
    Danger noodles
    I say wait to the expo! There are thousands of snakes there and u might be surprised on what jumps out at u!
  • 03-13-2019, 08:57 PM
    ImBadAtUsernames
    Help! I can't decide!
    I would go for the pied I love them. But the other one does look good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk