Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,351

4 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

How to set up an egg tub

Printable View

• 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM
    Littlemansboids
    Re: How to set up an egg tub
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    What's the purpose of the cling wrap?

To make sure that you maintain the humidity and all as well as the water not all evaporating and going bone dry.
  • 08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
    yukon
    never tried to breed my bp's but thinking of it ..have ?wouldn't just putting flex watt under tub to heat it remove need for incubator?
  • 08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
    LadyOhh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    never tried to breed my bp's but thinking of it ..have ?wouldn't just putting flex watt under tub to heat it remove need for incubator?

No, that would just leave room for way too many variables in the tub itself.

You could do it, but it would be a possible problem with keeping the temps even and stable.
  • 09-30-2009, 12:06 AM
    Lolo76
    Thanks! So, should I go with these plans? http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=71770 :gj:

And how early should I set it up? Not until she is ready to blow, or sooner?
  • 09-30-2009, 12:11 AM
    Lolo76
    Oh... I just skimmed that egg tub thread, and it's for putting inside an incubator. :D Do you know of any good links for making my own?
  • 10-30-2009, 04:27 AM
    merdcme
    what about air for the hatchling?
  • 11-23-2009, 09:48 PM
    LadyOhh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by merdcme View Post
    what about air for the hatchling?

After they hatch and you want to leave them in the incubator, you can take off the press and seal to allow for air flow.

I personally immediately take them out when they hatch and sex them and put them in individual tubs.
  • 01-31-2010, 02:03 AM
    AcePythons
    Quick question - I've noticed on all the YouTube videos I've watched that when people use a grate, they usually lay the eggs out one by one because they've caught them early enough. If you catch your eggs after they've all stuck together, is the grate still an OK idea?
  • 02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
    LadyOhh
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AcePythons View Post
    Quick question - I've noticed on all the YouTube videos I've watched that when people use a grate, they usually lay the eggs out one by one because they've caught them early enough. If you catch your eggs after they've all stuck together, is the grate still an OK idea?

As I don't use the grate method, I would not be comfortable in answering this question, but I would assume it would be fine as long as the ambient temps are still 89-90 degrees and the humidity is fixed.
  • 02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
    shaunwithbite
    the info , i've been lookin for... thanks!!!