Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

3 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 12-23-2010, 04:08 AM
    wendhend
    Re: What's the most you've ever spent or would spend on a single bp?
    It looks like this thread's been around awhile..... and prices have defninitely come down, haven't they? I think the most I've spent on a ball python was about $1800, and I have not had any regrets about it. I am very fortunate to have the type of job that allows me to pick up extra shifts pretty frequently, so it's pretty easy to compensate for my snake splurges..... and maybe a little too easy to get carried away!
  • 12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
    Monster Dodge
    If its your passion and what you love money is no object. I have spent $5K on a Supercharger for my car to make another 150 RWHP...lol

Some people dont understand that just like some people dont understand dropping $10K on a snake.
  • 12-30-2010, 12:41 PM
    Wapadi
    Well I am pretty new to the BP breeding/ collecting but the most I have spent is $700 on my high white male pied. But I would spent a ton on a Axanthic BumbleBee!!
  • 01-01-2011, 03:53 PM
    lilg
    Currently I'm lookin to spend $400-$1000. A pair of Mojaves, Ghost, Lesser, Albino, Axanthic, or maybe a Pied or Ivory.:snake:
  • 03-23-2011, 09:34 PM
    Denial
    5 or 6 grand is the most I could spend on one type of morph
  • 03-23-2011, 10:05 PM
    Homegrownscales
    I really want x1000000 Is a woma hidden gene. Females are like 4k males are 7k. My dream is a male. Well see when I get a little closer. That's what I'm filling my piggy bank for
  • 03-24-2011, 01:53 AM
    SAMPSON-BP
    $250 on a male mojave is the most I've spent....so far! Paying $600 for a pair of pastel het hypos, and by the end of this year probably going to drop another $650 on a female butter, and $650 on a female pin. I can see myself spending up to $5,000 in the future on certain morphs though.
  • 03-24-2011, 07:26 AM
    Skittles1101
    I'd say 1-2.5k, but probably only if there was a payment plan in the works. Unfortunately, I have these responsibilites like my apartment, my electricity, my car, oh and my son that get in the way of spending rediculous amounts of money on myself. ;)

With that said, (totally joking, my son doesn't get in the way!), I am blessed that I have a 4 y/o that is just as in love with ball pythons as I am. In fact, if he had it HIS way, I would be spending over 25k on 1 snake. We watched Raphy Martinez's youtube video on some snakes at NERD and each one he'd say "mommy, can we get THAT one?? Mommy....can we get THAT!!! one...?? OHHHHH mommy!! Can we get THAATTTTTTT one?!??!?!??!" lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/raphymartinez
  • 03-24-2011, 09:22 AM
    jamesa2580
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LGray23 View Post
    I'd say 1-2.5k, but probably only if there was a payment plan in the works. Unfortunately, I have these responsibilites like my apartment, my electricity, my car, oh and my son that get in the way of spending rediculous amounts of money on myself. ;)

With that said, (totally joking, my son doesn't get in the way!), I am blessed that I have a 4 y/o that is just as in love with ball pythons as I am. In fact, if he had it HIS way, I would be spending over 25k on 1 snake. We watched Raphy Martinez's youtube video on some snakes at NERD and each one he'd say "mommy, can we get THAT one?? Mommy....can we get THAT!!! one...?? OHHHHH mommy!! Can we get THAATTTTTTT one?!??!?!??!" lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/raphymartinez

Aww, that's real cute. I have a 3 and a half year old little girl and she loves them because I do. She'll pet a few but loves watching the mousies. I breed ASF's and have about 20+ little guys running around. I haven't yet explained that they are food. That conversation is hopefully a few years away :)
    I'm glad your son is so enthusiastic and supportive! That's awesome.
    Jim
  • 03-24-2011, 09:23 AM
    jamesa2580
    I'm in the 1-2.5k category. There isn't anything out there right now I think would be worth a 5k + investment. For 1-2k, you can make the 5k animal in a season or two (hopefully)