Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,085

0 members and 1,085 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
  • 08-16-2022, 08:52 PM
    dakski
    Re: Solana - Our Scaleless Sunglow Motley Corn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I love her vivid high-energy orange color- much like the Everglades rat snakes I used to have. She's lookin' good, Dave.

Thank you, Boger. In some light she's more orange/bright, but the motley pattern doesn't come through. This was a nice balance.
  • 08-17-2022, 05:07 AM
    richardhind1972
    Fantastic colour on her [emoji7][emoji7][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
  • 10-07-2022, 07:27 PM
    dakski
  • 10-08-2022, 02:09 AM
    Bogertophis
    And you even bought an electrical cord to match...;)
  • 10-08-2022, 08:08 AM
    dakski
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    And you even bought an electrical cord to match...;)

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! You're the next contestant on What Item Looks Like the Snake?

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that. Good eye, Bogertophis!
  • 10-08-2022, 12:21 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    DING, DING, DING! We have a winner! You're the next contestant on What Item Looks Like the Snake?

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that. Good eye, Bogertophis!

:rofl: I have a couple cords in that color too- it's a great color for both cords AND snakes. :D (And I never plug in the wrong one...)
  • 12-08-2022, 11:04 PM
    dakski
    Solana is doing great. I had her out the other day and Katie held her while I cleaned her tank.

Katie took some selfies while I was busy with snake poop and sent them to me. I thought this was the best one although it doesn't do a great job of capturing Solana's colors.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...206_202852.JPG
  • 01-11-2023, 12:45 AM
    dakski
    Solana shed tonight, but needed a little help, which isn't abnormal for her. I gave her a good soak for about 1/2 hour and the shed went easy peasy.

Having said that, what a crap show. She'd sprayed the side of her tank and got it under her paper also. Then, about 5 minutes after putting her in the warmish (80F) water, she went again. I had to take her out, clean the container she was in, then put her back to soak for another 25 minutes or so.

Nothing like scrubbing tank walls and corners!

She's worth it.

She and I were both pretty stressed, so I didn't take pics tonight. I'll get some in the next few days.

I should note that I put a much bigger water bowl in her tank about a shed or two ago. It seems to have helped both her general skin condition but also her shedding. She needed help tonight, but it came off easier than normal and she'd gotten her head and neck off pretty clean. The body is easy to help with when she gets a good soak. Not so much head and neck. I was happy that all that came off easily and on her own.

From what I've heard and seen, the scaleless corns really benefit from higher humidity than a scaled corn needs.
  • 01-11-2023, 01:01 AM
    Bogertophis
    At least she got it done- it does sound like it was pretty messy though- some days are just like that. :P
  • 01-20-2023, 11:17 PM
    dakski