Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,422

1 members and 3,421 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 04-07-2014, 07:07 PM
    PhoenixGate
    Re: Should I Breed? How Many to Breed?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MisssMariee View Post
    Just curious, does this work for mice as well or? Need some for my corns and so I'm trying to plan these out as well, and so I'm curious if this work or if anyone knows of a proper one for mice? Thanks!

It's already been stated that this system will work with mice, you just have to adjust the rotation times and keep in mind that mice have a shorter period where they can viably (not to mention safely!) breed. I've personally kept a very small colony of mice before so the only thing I want to add is this; be careful reintroducing the female mice to the male during rotation. Mice are highly territorial and do not react well to newcomers entering a cage that smells like them (the resident mouse). I always suggest fully cleaning the tank/cage and rearranging all the objects kept in the tank afterwards when introducing mice to the same tank/cage (yes, even if they have met before!). I had one female that would pick a fight with her sisters every time I reintroduced them, even though she had been raised with them.
  • 04-07-2014, 07:33 PM
    satomi325
    Zombie Thread Alert
  • 04-07-2014, 08:03 PM
    PhoenixGate
    Quote:

Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Zombie Thread Alert

Wait, what?
  • 03-02-2016, 10:30 PM
    CryHavoc17
    Anybody have any advice about the best tubs to use for this system? I'm dabbling in rats at the moment and really enjoying it. The set of 12 system would work perfectly to feed my group of snakes right now. I'm looking to build a rack soon and try and get this going, but I'm kind of stuck on what a good tub to use is. It seems like most of the standard breeding tubs are for housing 4+ breeders in a bin, and that seems like a huge waste for this setup.
  • 03-02-2016, 10:42 PM
    Eric Alan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by satomi325 View Post
    Zombie Thread Alert

x2
  • 03-02-2016, 11:19 PM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CryHavoc17 View Post
    Anybody have any advice about the best tubs to use for this system? I'm dabbling in rats at the moment and really enjoying it. The set of 12 system would work perfectly to feed my group of snakes right now. I'm looking to build a rack soon and try and get this going, but I'm kind of stuck on what a good tub to use is. It seems like most of the standard breeding tubs are for housing 4+ breeders in a bin, and that seems like a huge waste for this setup.

Instead of reviving a 8.5 years old thread you might want to create your own, most people do not revisit old threads.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
  • 03-03-2016, 12:46 AM
    CryHavoc17
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Instead of reviving a 8.5 years old thread you might want to create your own, most people do not revisit old threads.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Yeesh. Didn't know a stickied thread was considered a necrobump. If y'all don't want people posting in the threads at the top of the board perhaps you guys should just lock them?
  • 02-20-2018, 10:30 PM
    xWILDxREPTILEx
    didn't realize how old the thread was