Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,175

1 members and 3,174 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,103
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Michaelmcalvey
  • 08-07-2017, 01:32 PM
    artgecko
    I like my carpet a lot (IJ/Jungle Jag) but know 2 things: 1. They are defensive / bitey as babies...Mine grew out of this with hook training / handling. 2. They are VERY active...when handling, it is constant motion and don't take your eyes off them... At least that has been my experience.

My guy is a little dodgy sometimes too (flinchy) but I think some of that has to do with the possible jag neuro issues... Oh, btw, forgot to mention that. The jags can have neuro, like wobbling in spider BPs. My boy isn't bad, but ocassionally tilts his head or over flinches when a motion scares him, etc.
  • 08-07-2017, 11:11 PM
    Louv44
    Re: What is it like owning a carpet python?
    They aren't nippy they are defensive cause they are wild animals, captive bred does not mean domesticated. It's in there DNA to think a monster like a human is going to eat them. Where some species just say oh well eat me carpets go down swinging. So it's just about building trust which most of the time with proper handling sessions go always quickly some take a little longer. They are very intelligent, curious snakes that make great pets. The kind of pet snake when adults you watch Monday night football with for a little while. You run into issues with yours let me know I will do my best to help.
  • 08-08-2017, 02:01 AM
    Louv44
    Re: What is it like owning a carpet python?
    artgecko nice boa by the way!
  • 08-17-2017, 10:14 PM
    joshuapittsburgh
    used to have two jungles.. makes me miss them lol great looking snakes :eyepoppin