Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,015

1 members and 1,014 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,109
Threads: 248,549
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GhostyBoy29
  • 05-28-2020, 09:04 AM
    Gocntry
    ! Year on Ball-Pythons.net
    Well today is 1 year for me....

All I have to say is a BIG THANK YOU to all the knowledgeable people on this site.

As a lot of noobs do, I started out getting a snake from a big box store, daughter wanted one for Christmas. (2018)

After getting the poor thing, then finding and stalking this site for a few months, reading everything I possibly could. I became a member.

Where first thing I learned was big box stores are clueless (usually), and are there just to sell animals. (poor things).

I corrected a bunch of wrong with how I was housing the snake, and he started thriving and being way more relaxed.

I ask a bunch of questions, got a bunch of answers and corrections, some were harsh and direct, but that's OK, because I believe in my animals welfare before my own.

Now at the year mark, I have 6 snakes, and found my interest is in adopting the rescues from local animal shelters and taking in unwanted snakes when ever possible.

I have no interest in breeding, strictly pet ownership for me.

I have a hetic schedule sometimes and snake ownership fits right in with that, They are always fed / cages cleaned ect. But if I don't get any of them out for a few days they could care less.

So again a big THANKS to everybody on this site, Hopefully as I learn I can help others to repay back what I have been taught or have learned from this site.

Jeff
  • 05-28-2020, 10:45 AM
    Bogertophis
    It's a pleasure having you here with us...your open-minded curiosity & enthusiasm has served you well, & I'm sure it does the same for your current
    & future snakes. :gj: You've come a long way in only a year.
  • 05-28-2020, 11:48 AM
    dakski
    Re: ! Year on Ball-Pythons.net
    Great you have learned so much here and great that you want to give back. That's what the community is all about.
  • 05-28-2020, 09:27 PM
    Reinz
    Happy Anniversary Gocntry!