Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,956

3 members and 2,953 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,114
Threads: 248,560
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, kindred_of_rot
  • 10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
    SatanicIntention
    My new Sphynx! (soon anyway)
  • 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM
    SatanicIntention
    Re: My new Sphynx! (soon anyway)
    Glad no one cares enough to even leave a comment.. :confused:
  • 10-20-2008, 10:43 AM
    Spaniard
    I love his eyes, the whole hairless kitty thing is a little strange to me though. What do they feel like?
  • 10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
    SatanicIntention
    Like a naked baby that has just had a bath. They act like dogs; greet you at the door wagging their tails, happy to see you. :)
  • 10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
    Mindibun
    AWWW! I love how they don't have any whiskers. We have a devon rex cat, so he's "mostly naked". -lol- He has a LOT of attitude - always keeps you on your toes. He has his own room because he was so bad about peeing on everything when other cats came around (even though he's long been fixed). So we put him in the Florida room and he has a little kitty door that goes out into a little netted tunnel with a hammock and everything. He sits out there and watches the birds. He's got his own couch, space heater so he doesn't get cold, water fountain because he'll only drink from running water, he's got shelves that go up and around and all over the room, and there are ropes to climb and everything. He's got it made, let me tell you. -lol-
  • 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
    Vibrant Balls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SatanicIntention View Post
    Glad no one cares enough to even leave a comment.. :confused:

This is probably one of those " If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" moments, unfortunately. What you find cute, other people may not.
  • 10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
    bsd13
    This is honestly the first time I've ever found myself thinking that a "kitty sweater" is a good idea. Sorry, Baron.
  • 10-20-2008, 02:21 PM
    RoyalGuardian
    They are interesting. I'm sorry but I really dislike cats.. Actually I like this cat more than most. Why? because I am so allergic to cats its not even funny. I hate cat hair. lol so this kind would be perfect!
  • 10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
    casperca
    I think he's way cool Becky! Is there anything special you need to do for their skin other than keep them warm and on a good diet? I love his feet, they're too awesome!
  • 10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
    SatanicIntention
    I think he's a pretty cool dude myself. I'm not really a dog person and I hate pet hair. It tends to go up my nose, LoL. Sphynxes are very easy to care for other than they need bathing every 2-3 weeks. Since they don't have fur, their skin gets an oily build-up, as do their ears, and they need bathed. I'd rather have a bit of skin oil than hair all over the place.

These kitties are generally comfortable in whatever room temp we're comfortable in... naked. I keep my house generally at 78 in the summer and keep it below 70 in winter, so I'll have to get a heated pet bed for him or let the nekkid man sleep under the covers with me, haha.

And yes, I'll be torturing the poor thing with clothes.

As far as diet, he's on a mostly raw(ground chicken and parts) diet with some kibble to munch on throughout the day. He's less than 8 months old I think and already about 7-8lbs. His dad is 16-17lbs now, so he has some growing to do. I'll be putting him on a mostly kibble diet with some raw as his wet food since I don't have the time or money(or freezer space) to do raw(nor do I believe it's a complete diet, but that's neither here nor there). He has very nice skin, no dryness whatsoever.

He'll be learning to walk on a harness when he gets here too :) Poor child.