Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,282

4 members and 3,278 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
    Texas Dan
    Re: Upgrade Your BP.net Experience!!!
    I never change my avatar, so it's really no big deal to me. But why aren't regular users allowed to change their avatar? Just wondering, if you only have 1 avatar at a time anyway.. I guess trying to save some server space?

I'm not complaining, again, because I don't ever change mine, just wondering what the thought process for this part is.

I'd like to donate $10 and be a copper supporter.
  • 01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
    Stewart_Reptiles
    New supporter signatures were just added to our already existing list of BP.net signatures

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showp...63&postcount=1
  • 01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    Your taking away our right unpaid to change our Avatars!:O

Kill me now:tears: I change mine at least once a month

Pick one that you like during this grace period - then when you become a BP.net Veteran - you can change it all you want! ;)
  • 01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
    rabernet
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Dan View Post
    I never change my avatar, so it's really no big deal to me. But why aren't regular users allowed to change their avatar? Just wondering, if you only have 1 avatar at a time anyway.. I guess trying to save some server space?

I'm not complaining, again, because I don't ever change mine, just wondering what the thought process for this part is.

I'd like to donate $10 and be a copper supporter.

You can change your avatar as a regular user, but you'll have to choose from a list of avatars that we have loaded here. Once you reach BP.net Veteran status, you can change it to a more personalized one.

Everyone currently will be grandfathered in and can keep their current avatar, which is why we're giving a grace period to change it now if you wish.
  • 01-22-2009, 12:13 PM
    Texas Dan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    You can change your avatar as a regular user, but you'll have to choose from a list of avatars that we have loaded here. Once you reach BP.net Veteran status, you can change it to a more personalized one.

Everyone currently will be grandfathered in and can keep their current avatar, which is why we're giving a grace period to change it now if you wish.

Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if it's just meant to keep down server space and bandwidth.
  • 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
    JLC
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Dan View Post
    Yeah, I know, I was just wondering if it's just meant to keep down server space and bandwidth.

No, it's meant to be part of the incentives to contribute to the community, either by steady participation and/or financially. Also...we have a lot more trouble with new members uploading inappropriate avatars and it'll cut down on some staff load if folks get a chance to get to know the site better before they start uploading pics that show up all over the place. ;)
  • 01-22-2009, 12:17 PM
    JLC
    One thing that I didn't make real clear in the initial discussion is about the Member Forum for Platinum Members. This is NOT an automatic feature. Not everyone would be interested in that feature. Any Platinum Member that wishes to have their forum set up should shoot me a PM and we'll talk about getting that set up for you!
  • 01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
    JLC
    ~just giving this a little nudge for the afternoon lunch crowd~

;)
  • 01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
    Peter Williams
    Aww, no extended sigs for platinum members? Whats to stop me from changing my avatar to the "platinum supporter" picture during this grace period? Hehehe, just kidding. One other thing, I don't really like the positioning of the supporter picture, It seems to take away from ones avatar, maybe move it to underneath your user info like location and infractions and stuff? Seems like each post is gonna have more and more baggage.
  • 01-22-2009, 04:36 PM
    MarkS
    This is great Judy, I've always wanted a way to be able to give back to the community. This is a good way to do it.

Mark