Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,525

1 members and 2,524 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,100
Threads: 248,542
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Scott L.

The Kitchen Round Table

Printable View

• 03-30-2020, 03:20 PM
    Craiga 01453
    Re: The Kitchen Round Table
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    I get that is sounds disgusting. Take the leap. You will see. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvN0DSS270&t

Oh, quite the contrary!!! It sounds delightful, and all 235lbs of me can't wait till dinner time!!!!
  • 03-30-2020, 03:54 PM
    ladywhipple02
    Easy beer bread recipe:

3 cups self-rising flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 bottle of beer

This is also a fun one to experiment with: I've used Reds Apple ale for the beer and added some cinnamon for an apple/cinnamon bread. Also have done blueberry ale with dried blueberries - tastes like blue berry muffins. Also strawberry ale and dried strawberries. Or you can do a really strong flavored IPA with some walnuts or almonds.
  • 03-30-2020, 03:57 PM
    cletus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Easy beer bread recipe:

3 cups self-rising flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 bottle of beer

This is also a fun one to experiment with: I've used Reds Apple ale for the beer and added some cinnamon for an apple/cinnamon bread. Also have done blueberry ale with dried blueberries - tastes like blue berry muffins. Also strawberry ale and dried strawberries. Or you can do a really strong flavored IPA with some walnuts or almonds.

Do you just mix, knead and let it rise?
  • 03-30-2020, 04:02 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    I've heard the mayo on grilled cheese thing before, as someone that hates mayo I just can't make the leap but everyone says it's really good
  • 03-30-2020, 04:07 PM
    jmcrook
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    I've heard the mayo on grilled cheese thing before, as someone that hates mayo I just can't make the leap but everyone says it's really good

I’ve seen it done, the results look good, but I’m with you. As a fellow mayophobe I can’t bring myself to do so knowingly. I bet if someone made me a grilled cheese in that fashion and didn’t tell me I’d like it though. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-30-2020, 04:18 PM
    cletus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I’ve seen it done, the results look good, but I’m with you. As a fellow mayophobe I can’t bring myself to do so knowingly. I bet if someone made me a grilled cheese in that fashion and didn’t tell me I’d like it though. [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah you def wouldn't know it. I love mayo so it's no biggie for me. I do get it though. I've literally heard people talk about it for years and the idea of fried mayo made me gag. lol I really want to try it with some homemade garlic mayo.
  • 03-30-2020, 04:31 PM
    WrongPython
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Easy beer bread recipe:

3 cups self-rising flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 bottle of beer

I'm going to have to give this a shot! I've got some witbier and some sour ale chilling in the fridge right now, and the results of either of those should be interesting...

I'll also be experimenting with some new banana bread recipes. The stores by me are totally out of vegetable oil, so I'll be using applesauce instead.
  • 03-30-2020, 04:39 PM
    ladywhipple02
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    Do you just mix, knead and let it rise?

No need to even let it rise... the yeast in the beer does everything for you.

Preheat oven to 375, line a bread pan with cooking spray or butter, mix the ingredients in a bowl,then pour the mixture into the bread pan and bake for around 40 minutes. I will sometimes put butter over the top of the bread when it's done too - the top will be nice and crunchy otherwise, but it's good either way.

BTW, I looked back at the recipe and it says 1/2 cup of sugar for the regular bread. I use the whole cup when making the fruity breads though.
  • 03-31-2020, 01:02 PM
    SilentHill
    been busy here!
    venison burger with bacon and fried egg
    zoodles with shrimp and garlic cream sauce
    and i can't recall if i posted these pork chops. i am new to cast iron and they were perfect.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...3ac21b1569.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f648e467fe.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d0d9c93b8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • 03-31-2020, 01:10 PM
    AbsoluteApril
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    As a fellow mayophobe

lol I like that word
    I'm so picky, I wouldn't eat anything that's been posted in this thread except the plain bread, hard boiled eggs or the cookies XD