Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,197

3 members and 3,194 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 02-07-2019, 07:12 PM
    SquirmyPug
    Re: You really can't have just one...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Just what I need an enabler..LOL

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Haha I can't help it, I just bought a second a week or two ago.
  • 02-07-2019, 07:14 PM
    ClarinetPhoenix
    Thinking about calling him Blizzard, and Blizz for short, another running candidate is Aspen, like the white-bark trees.
  • 02-07-2019, 07:18 PM
    Jellybeans
    Heck I've already thought about names for a white one and I don't even have one yet!

• 02-07-2019, 07:54 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellybeans View Post
    Heck I've already thought about names for a white one and I don't even have one yet!

There there...your snake don't care. :D
  • 02-07-2019, 08:06 PM
    Finn0208
    I vote Aspen, that’s a cool name, or Casper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 02-07-2019, 10:22 PM
    MR Snakes
    Do you deliver to Maine?
  • 02-14-2019, 03:05 PM
    ClarinetPhoenix
    Small update today. Aspen(his name now) has just taken a live mouse and taken it down like a champ. Not nervous at all. I like to watch my snakes eat but if they hesitate I leave them alone. He wasn't shy at all. I dropped the mouse in and he had it in less than 2 minutes. Probably helps its been a couple weeks since his last feeding.

Still gonna keep him on the minimal handling until I get a few more meals into him. Once I know he's eating consistently then its a switch to f/t, then to rats after that. If he's anything like Rei he'll be a champ at it.
  • 08-29-2019, 07:39 PM
    ClarinetPhoenix
    Its now 7 months later. I no longer feel like I can rightfully call Aspen "my little BEL boy"

He has grown quite a bit, he's probably closing in on 600 grams now. I have him on small rats and I'm moving him out to a bi-weekly feed schedule, same that Rei is on now, I plan on keeping him there for awhile.

Anyway, updated photo
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/5wNydej.png
    Sorry for the slight blurry, my phone camera actually sucks.
    He's just chillin' on the back of my chair, I was right there with him. Turned around and snapped a photo. He's really become a lot less shy now that he has some size on him. Still a little more flinchy and flighty than Rei, but much calmer and very much less "I wanna ball up" than when he was younger.
  • 08-29-2019, 07:44 PM
    sur3fir3
    Great BEL. I love them
  • 09-09-2019, 11:21 PM
    drew5337
    Lovely critter, cannot wait to hatch my first BEL.

I have a BP from Tropical Hut as well. She's a yearling, mouser, and acts like she's never been handled or worse yet been handled very roughly. I actually had to buy a hook because of her.

She's slowly improving, but based on her temperament, which wasn't disclosed, I doubt I'd shop there again.