Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,077

1 members and 1,076 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,137
Threads: 248,580
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux
  • 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    Re: the official carpet python census
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    I plan on sticking with my single Ball python for maybe a year before I would consider getting a larger snake. That will give me plenty of time to master the husbandry of of my ball plus research and prepare for a larger animal. That is a beautiful Jaguar you've got Colin. Does she have a good temperament? I was considering a Red tail boa but the Jaguar carpets seem more beautiful and manageable and less common as well.

thanks, she's a peach... unless you smell like a rat, she gives nothing but love.
  • 02-11-2009, 09:54 PM
    8Ball
    Does anyone know where you can get coastal jaguars in Canada? It costs a ridiculous amount of money to bring a snake across the border due to CITES, U.S. Fish & Wildlife, then you need an Import / Export License, a veterinary inspection, you have to get a special shipping crate made up, and it all has to be shipped according to IATA Regulations, then it could take 3 to 5 months for all the paper work to clear from both countries. I realize that all of these procedures are in place for good reason and I totally respect that but we're talking about $5000 before the cost of the animal. If you are a breeder and you're bringing up a number of animals then the cost is worth it or if you are rich; which I am not. So I guess what I'm asking is; Does anyone know of a good place to get coastal jaguars in Canada?
  • 02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
    Colin Vestrand
    jeff favelle.
  • 02-11-2009, 10:30 PM
    8Ball
    Thanks. I'll check him out.
  • 03-17-2009, 05:06 PM
    Steve'O
    :D Just picked up an Iran Jaya feamale baby at the local reptile show this weekend. I will post pictures soon!
  • 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM
    Lucas339
    i picked up a pair of bredlis this weekend but i already voted. hahah i voted on my wish list.
  • 04-12-2009, 10:53 AM
    Crusader71
  • 04-17-2009, 03:04 PM
    mainbutter
    well less than a year ago I voted that I have no plans to keep carpets but now I'm looking at them pretty hard. I just have to get the 'ok' from the girlfriend to get a large snake.
  • 05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
    mainbutter
    so can i change my vote now that I have one? lol.
  • 05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
    grim reaper in NY
    I don't currently have any Carpets as I am really attached to my Balls and the couple Red Tails I currently have. I would love to add a m/f pair to my collection but I REALLY have to draw the line and just concentrate on what I have. I will have 2 Salmon RedTails I might breed later down the road as well, and i may try my hand at breeding my Balls. If I do that, there is no way I can find the room for a pair of Carpet Pythons.
    They surely are gorgeous though and I would LOVe to own a pair! maybe someday when i get more room.