Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,223

1 members and 3,222 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

This is Grimm

Printable View

• 03-23-2019, 08:35 PM
    WhompingWillow
    This is Grimm
    This is Grimm, my new Argentine boa pick up from Tinley.https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...om/BMUG6Eo.jpg

1) Grimm is awesome.
    2) Grimm does not like my blanket.
    3) Grimm likes to hiss. A lot.

I'm kind of excited to have a snake that's going to keep me on my toes a bit. I'm sure we'll have some adventures together in the next few weeks as I start working with him. He was only out tonight because of needing some cage cleaning.
  • 03-23-2019, 08:40 PM
    cletus
    Re: This is Grimm
    Nice pickup! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • 03-23-2019, 08:54 PM
    ShawarmaPoutine
    You know how most people have a negative perception of snakes? I feel like if you took all that and made it into a snake, it would look exactly like Grimm. To the average person it looks like a nightmare while to help lovers, he is something to behold.
  • 03-23-2019, 09:09 PM
    fadingdaylight
    Gorgeous, congratulations!
  • 03-23-2019, 10:49 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Beautiful addition Willow. It's great to see more folks keeping BCO. They're very underrated imo.
  • 03-23-2019, 11:03 PM
    WhompingWillow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawarmaPoutine View Post
    You know how most people have a negative perception of snakes? I feel like if you took all that and made it into a snake, it would look exactly like Grimm. To the average person it looks like a nightmare while to help lovers, he is something to behold.

Let's just hope he mellows out before eventually becoming 6+ feet long, lol. We have family visiting next week and I dooon't think Grimm will be making an appearance. :)
  • 03-23-2019, 11:06 PM
    WhompingWillow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Beautiful addition Willow. It's great to see more folks keeping BCO. They're very underrated imo.

Thanks, EL-Ziggy! He's also 66% Het T+ albino, but that doesn't mean much to me since I have no plans to breed.

I love darker snakes, and a BCO was definitely on my short-list. Only 2 boas to go ;)
  • 03-23-2019, 11:20 PM
    Dianne
    He is a beauty, and I love the attitude and the name. Many of the neonate boas I’ve been around, all Bci, were hissy at first. I’m not familiar with Bco, but I think you can chill most snakes out with gentle handling, especially when you get to start early.
  • 03-23-2019, 11:43 PM
    jmcrook
    Congrats on the beautiful critter! I think baby Argentine sass is pretty adorable to be honest. So tiny and harmless but they think they’re the loudest and baddest things on planet earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-24-2019, 12:01 AM
    WhompingWillow
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Congrats on the beautiful critter! I think baby Argentine sass is pretty adorable to be honest. So tiny and harmless but they think they’re the loudest and baddest things on planet earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true! I was cracking up tonight because you could tell he was trying his best to be scary, but he's just adorable.

He's our only snake that hisses and the only one who is very defensive, so that's been a new experience. Our carpets and other boas don't make a peep, and here comes Mr. Grimm all hisshissstrikehissstrikeatyourfacehisstailrattle ��