Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,337

3 members and 3,334 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91

Limited Supplies

Printable View

• 04-11-2019, 11:35 PM
    Craiga 01453
    I use Perfect Prey. Their prices are good, their customer service is great, the packaging is fantastic and always quality product.

...although I just realized you're in WA. They're out of NY, so shipping may be pricey.
  • 04-11-2019, 11:54 PM
    Bogertophis
    Re: Limited Supplies
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I use Perfect Prey. Their prices are good, their customer service is great, the packaging is fantastic and always quality product.

...although I just realized you're in WA. They're out of NY, so shipping may be pricey.

I thought they're in Florida???
  • 04-12-2019, 09:03 AM
    Craiga 01453
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I thought they're in Florida???

I apologize, you are correct. I must have spaced and been thinking of my Old ferret food distributor.
    Still East Coast, do I get partial credit? Hahahaha.
  • 04-12-2019, 09:47 AM
    Starscream
    I think for you, Layne Labs would probably be the best option. They're located in California, so shipping probably won't be as terrible as it would for me (MO here). I have ordered from them and was impressed by how well packed things were.

They also offer quail, which my ball python takes just as readily as rats, so I will be ordering from them again... The shipping's gonna hurt, but it's definitely worth it.
  • 04-12-2019, 11:21 AM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Craiga 01453 View Post
    I apologize, you are correct. I must have spaced and been thinking of my Old ferret food distributor.
    Still East Coast, do I get partial credit? Hahahaha.

I only knew because now & then I think about quitting (breeding my own) & if I were to buy rodents, it would be from them, based on quality & proximity.
    And sure, partial credit? Why not...:D
  • 04-12-2019, 04:07 PM
    Ax01
    Alicia, a fellow forumer here, also lives on that far side of the state. i think she's a bit further down on the Pacific coast tho. she mentioned getting rat shipments the other day. i think shipment will be just fine as long as it's the standard 2-3 day shipping, well packed and on dry ice. i had a shipment from Reptile Deli in NY once in the dead of summer once and it arrived fine. my fav supplier is Big Cheese.

if u ever find yourself in the Puget Sound-area, the best local/regional supplier is Glacier Rodents. u can pick them up directly from Billy, have them delivered to a hub, pre-order or buy at an expo, work w/ him on shipping or something else. he sells them frozen or live.
  • 04-12-2019, 10:30 PM
    e_nigma
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    Alicia, a fellow forumer here, also lives on that far side of the state. i think she's a bit further down on the Pacific coast tho. she mentioned getting rat shipments the other day. i think shipment will be just fine as long as it's the standard 2-3 day shipping, well packed and on dry ice. i had a shipment from Reptile Deli in NY once in the dead of summer once and it arrived fine. my fav supplier is Big Cheese.

if u ever find yourself in the Puget Sound-area, the best local/regional supplier is Glacier Rodents. u can pick them up directly from Billy, have them delivered to a hub, pre-order or buy at an expo, work w/ him on shipping or something else. he sells them frozen or live.

I am PNW Olympic Peninsula, WA! That is quite local, I will look into it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
  • 04-13-2019, 05:48 PM
    Bogertophis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by e_nigma View Post
    I am PNW Olympic Peninsula, WA! That is quite local, I will look into it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That sounds like your best bet, happy dance! :rat::rat::rat:
  • 12-05-2019, 10:40 PM
    Southpaw91
    I get mine from Perfect Prey. Shipping is expensive but if you have a deep freezer you can store them for up to a year i believe, so you can stop up and shipping is a flat rate as long as it's one box. Rodent Pro is good too, but they only sell in BULK quantities and i only have one snake so Perfect Prey is better for me.