Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,201

2 members and 3,199 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,541
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
  • 02-23-2018, 06:30 PM
    Rage Beard Reptiles
    Re: Recieved my first Apodora Papuana Female
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    Is that a day old chick Rage or do you have access to larger chicks and what's your rodent to poultry feeding ratio like? I feed mostly rats but will offer chicks as treats occasionally. How many chicks do you offer per feeding?

I have access to larger chicks. They are about a week old. I feed mainly a variety of rodents to my collection guinea pigs, rats, mice, and ASF's. With the majority of my collection it's probably 70% rodents 30% poultry, except with my Papuans. They eat around 85% poultry and 15% rodents. The poultry I feed are whole chickens, whole quail, and organic chicken drumb sticks. I think eventually I will have to source turkey legs as they get much larger. I am a huge proponent of feeding reptiles a varied diet for proper nutrition.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  • 02-23-2018, 08:59 PM
    EL-Ziggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage Beard Reptiles View Post
    I have access to larger chicks. They are about a week old. I feed mainly a variety of rodents to my collection guinea pigs, rats, mice, and ASF's. With the majority of my collection it's probably 70% rodents 30% poultry, except with my Papuans. They eat around 85% poultry and 15% rodents. The poultry I feed are whole chickens, whole quail, and organic chicken drumb sticks. I think eventually I will have to source turkey legs as they get much larger. I am a huge proponent of feeding reptiles a varied diet for proper nutrition.

That's awesome Rage. I wish I had access to more prey items like guinea pigs, quail, and small rabbits. I totally agree with you on offering a varied diet.
  • 02-25-2018, 08:59 PM
    Rage Beard Reptiles
    I thought this was a pretty cool picture. He is digesting that nice meal he had. Odysseus looking great!

• 02-25-2018, 08:59 PM
    Rage Beard Reptiles
    Forgot to attach the picture
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...22bb1e1317.jpg

• 02-25-2018, 10:49 PM
    Reinz
    He looks fat and happy! :)
  • 02-25-2018, 10:56 PM
    Godzilla78
    Beaitiful snake! Impressive specimen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 03-03-2018, 10:51 AM
    Rage Beard Reptiles
    Looks like Odysseus enjoys reptilinks also!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d590d91cc.jpg

• 03-03-2018, 04:52 PM
    Gio
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage Beard Reptiles View Post
    Looks like Odysseus enjoys reptilinks also!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8d590d91cc.jpg

Love the species. Very pretty animal 😊👍
  • 03-03-2018, 05:10 PM
    Reinz
    Glad to see O took the rl so easily. I’ve been thinking about trying them on my Olive as well. From what I’ve read and seen it seems these guys will eat anything.
  • 03-03-2018, 06:12 PM
    Rage Beard Reptiles
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Glad to see O took the rl so easily. I’ve been thinking about trying them on my Olive as well. From what I’ve read and seen it seems these guys will eat anything.

She will eat anything except rodents lol